• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get a Motion to Terminate Child Support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TonyL

The court order is from the state of Texas, but I reside in New York.

For reasons not stated I decided to sign the Voluntary Relinquishment of Parental Rights and Motion for Adoption that I was sent by my ex-wife. It was August of 2009 when the Courts notified me that my rights were indeed terminated. My employer will not accept those court orders and stop withholding child support out of my weekly check until they get an order that states my child support had been terminated by the courts. They have an rder that states until they recieve a court order stating that my child support was terminated thay have a court obligation to withhold child support. I have contacted everyone I know to try to get this fixed, because it does not state anything about child support in the Voluntary Relinquishment of Parental Rights and Motion for Adoption. I was told (by the count clerk in the court that it was issued in Texas) that my obligations to the/my child (physically and financially) are no required nor ordered. That is not good enough for my employer. I have talked to the Texas Child Support Disbursement Unit, The Attorney Generals Office Child Support Division, The Texas Courts where the child support, termination, and adoption took place...and to no avail. The last person I talked to was the County Clerk of the court involved in these cases, and they said to get a lawyer or find out how to write a motion requesting termination of child support. This is why I am looking for help. Perhaps also to see if I am owed for the child support I payed since my rights were terminated in August of 2009...and I am still paying child support as of the present.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

The court order is from the state of Texas, but I reside in New York.

For reasons not stated I decided to sign the Voluntary Relinquishment of Parental Rights and Motion for Adoption that I was sent by my ex-wife. It was August of 2009 when the Courts notified me that my rights were indeed terminated. My employer will not accept those court orders and stop withholding child support out of my weekly check until they get an order that states my child support had been terminated by the courts. They have an rder that states until they recieve a court order stating that my child support was terminated thay have a court obligation to withhold child support. I have contacted everyone I know to try to get this fixed, because it does not state anything about child support in the Voluntary Relinquishment of Parental Rights and Motion for Adoption. I was told (by the count clerk in the court that it was issued in Texas) that my obligations to the/my child (physically and financially) are no required nor ordered. That is not good enough for my employer. I have talked to the Texas Child Support Disbursement Unit, The Attorney Generals Office Child Support Division, The Texas Courts where the child support, termination, and adoption took place...and to no avail. The last person I talked to was the County Clerk of the court involved in these cases, and they said to get a lawyer or find out how to write a motion requesting termination of child support. This is why I am looking for help. Perhaps also to see if I am owed for the child support I payed since my rights were terminated in August of 2009...and I am still paying child support as of the present.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I would honestly get yourself an attorney ASAP. You have already cost yourself 10 months of child support that you shouldn't have had to pay. Don't dilly dally with it any longer, just get an attorney.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I would honestly get yourself an attorney ASAP. You have already cost yourself 10 months of child support that you shouldn't have had to pay. Don't dilly dally with it any longer, just get an attorney.
An attorney in Texas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">