• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I go "on calendar" at the court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danspoolcaterin

What is the name of your state? California

How do I get a court date set for a hearing of modifying child support? Is there a special form for this? What forms do I need for the whole deal?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

danspoolcaterin said:
What is the name of your state? California

How do I get a court date set for a hearing of modifying child support? Is there a special form for this? What forms do I need for the whole deal?

My response:

What forms have you already served the other party and/or filed?

IAAL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Since you JUST had a modification judgement, it is unlikely that you can file to modify at this point, dude.

rmet4nzkx

:rolleyes: Here is OP's other thread
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=264503
You don't need to file anything. You are represented by counsel, that's their job. Your gift of 1/2 your business to to your ex felon brother as a ploy to avoid child support won't work, that is why your attorney didn't bring up your less than intelligent attempt to defraud the court and your children of their rightful support. The judge, has doubled your child support and rightfully so including, arrearages, to the date of filing. Everything is in order. You have no grounds for appeal, thus nothing to file or get on calendar. Tell your brother to go out and get a job when he is released.

danspoolcaterin

People should judge others so harshly

To the last person...You have a completely wrong view of things.

I have always paid my child support faithly and had 50/50 visitation of my kids while living in California.

One day I got a call from my Mother in Arizona. My brother was being sent to prison. He has a prospering pool service business (which is what I did in CA). I made a deal with him that I would sell my business (which was significantly smaller) and take over his business in Arizona with the intention of giving him back a certain amount of pools. It was very stressful to grow big enough in the three years he was in prison so that when he got out....there would be enough to split and support both of us. My ex-wife knew all this...and she knew when to hit when my income was at it's highest....knowing it would decrease very soon.

In the meantime..kids flew out to Arizona frequently (I paid), weekends, summers, holidays. Things were great and I voluntarily increased my support. Then my son called me and told me that he and his sister were being beat with a boat oar by their new step-dad to be. I called ex-wife to find out what was going on and she hung up on me. Kids called everyother day begging for my help...step-dad was hurting them. I called CPS and they supposedly showed up on ex's wedding day. Since then all hell has broken loose. She has taken me to court for more money....then started hiding the kids from me and blocking calls. Then came the incredible accusations that I am a child molester, a rapist, a homosexual, etc...In CA you are guilty until proven innocent. This has been such a terrible roller coaster for my wife and I.....I could go on and on about the horrors..like telling my kids that I never wanted them and and all the molestation lies, hiding the kids when I come for my court appointed visitation, making travel all the way to california for court and then asking for a continuance last minute (She did this 6 times)....Its incredible how someone can be fueled by such hate. I mean if she really thought I would hurt my kids....why did she put them on a plane 6x a year for 2 years to come see me ...and this all stopped when I called CPS. (It turns out my son was hating his new stepdad...but was highly exageratting the beating). So now...I have spent $20,000, had my child support doubled, and she won't let me see the kids. I can't afford to go back to court financially or mentally to enforce visitation. I have given up!!!!!!!! But I absolutely can't afford $1500 a month. I have to do something.

She stated to the court that she is unemployed and so is her new husband and I don't have the kids 50% anymore. The judge was brand new..indecisive and took him 3 months to come up with a decision. Nobody could believe the outcome. For a year, I was focusing on clearing my name and seeing my kids. I was completely distracted from the child support part of the case.

So don't sit there and write damning accusations. I am not a deadbeat dad. I have always paid more then the court originally determined. My brother has been out of prison for 2 weeks now and we are in the transisiton of giving his part of the business back. This is his job. I take care of my kids as best I can and my family. I shouldn't be penalized for helping someone out.

I am just another Dad that has gotten screwed in the CA family courts by the system and a vicious women. I was looking for help, not misplaced accusations.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And we're supposed to divine all this from the one line you wrote in your original post? Here's a news flash - the crystal balls are out for repair.

And again - it is unlikely you can file for a modification so soon. Even if you can, the judge IS likely to see this as a voluntary decrease of income. Which means no downward mod.

rmet4nzkx

If you look at a child support calculator for California you will find that decreasing visitation from 50% down to 40% will almost double your child support based on the same income. You voluntairly sold your business and left the state, putting your children's financial and emotional support in jeopardy, my response doesn't change.

danspoolcaterin

Website is a joke

Just found out Judge admitted miscalculating income on my tax return. My attorney came through. Child support going back to what it was. Judge also acknowledging notarized contract with brother 3 years ago.

Didn't expect you to read a crystal ball...just had simple questions. Guess they were to hard for you. You probably just come here to get off on other peoples misery. This website is definatly lacking. So much for your brain power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">