• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i lower my child support payments?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshharvey134

What is the name of your state? idah
My Divorce is final and she got the house and majority custody of the kids. I had a clause put into the divorce papers that said if she sold our house i would get 50 percent of the profits from it. Now she wants me to sign a " Quit Claim Deed" and release all rights to it. My question is can i use the equity in our home that she would owe me to lower my child support payments. I am basically going to give her 50 thousand dollars if i signed it over to her. Can that be divided up over the next 14 years and lower my monthly payments?

joshharvey134 said:
My Divorce is final and she got the house and majority custody of the kids. I had a clause put into the divorce papers that said if she sold our house i would get 50 percent of the profits from it. Now she wants me to sign a " Quit Claim Deed" and release all rights to it. My question is can i use the equity in our home that she would owe me to lower my child support payments. I am basically going to give her 50 thousand dollars if i signed it over to her. Can that be divided up over the next 14 years and lower my monthly payments?
I'm not a legal person but my guess is that the house and child support are completely separate and will be treated as such. I doubt you can lower your obligation to your children. Plus, your kids need to eat and be taken care of NOW, not when she sells the house.

nextwife

If she wants a QC deed, tell her you'll attend a cash-out refinance by her remoiving your name from the propert in which she provides you your 50% of the equity, based upon a current appraisal. Unless there is a CO, you should NOT provide a QC until you get your money and get your name off the mortgage.

thefid

joshharvey134 said:
DON'T SIGN!!! Once you sign the QC, you lose all rights to ANY equity. Even if you have it in writting that the money she owes you will be used for something else, you still stand a better chance of getting it if you leave it in the house.

I had it written in my decree saying if she was late, she would have to sell... when she was late 7 out of 10 months (two times more than 60 days) I took her to court to force a refinance (I originally requested to force the sale, but only wanted my name off the mortgage). The commissioner slapped her wrist and told her to refinance.

When your ex refinances, then you can get your money out of it. You can use it to pay down your support or whatever else you deem necessary. If she was smart, she would refinance now and pay you off. If she waits and sells 5 years from now, you still get half of the future value of the house.

thefid

Last edited by a moderator:

BelizeBreeze

thefid said:
DON'T SIGN!!! Once you sign the QC, you lose all rights to ANY equity. Even if you have it in writting that the money she owes you will be used for something else, you still stand a better chance of getting it if you leave it in the house.

I had it written in my decree saying if she was late, she would have to sell... when she was late 7 out of 10 months (two times more than 60 days) I took her to court to force a refinance (I originally requested to force the sale, but only wanted my name off the mortgage). The commissioner slapped her wrist and told her to refinance.

When your ex refinances, then you can get your money out of it. You can use it to pay down your support or whatever else you deem necessary. If she was smart, she would refinance now and pay you off. If she waits and sells 5 years from now, you still get half of the future value of the house.

thefid

Remove your link please. This is NOT a free advertising site, regardless of whether it is a product, service or your opinion.

ceara19

BelizeBreeze said:
thefid said:

thefid

Remove your link please. This is NOT a free advertising site, regardless of whether it is a product, service or your opinion.
He's posted the same link all over the board.

ceara19

eme76 said:
i get the feeling he's a bit bitter:eek:
The way the link reads (i am not a visitor), made me think he was just a complete deadbeat that doesn't even bother to have any relationship with his kids.

E

eme76

ceara19 said:
The way the link reads (i am not a visitor), made me think he was just a complete deadbeat that doesn't even bother to have any relationship with his kids.
i clicked on the link and it seems to be all about "shared parenting" i didnt read it all but it seems to be a "poor me the legal system screwed me out of my kids" :rolleyes:

thefid

ceara19 said:
Your assumption that I do not have a relationship with my kids is the stereotype that men all too often have presented on them at the time of divorce. However, I am running on the assumption that you are not informed of the real statistics and the issues in my case.

I have my kids 40% of the nights and have paid based on sole custody, I even have it AUTOMATICALLY paid to her through my bank. So I have never missed a month and always want more time with my awesome boys. Do you call that "doesn't even bother"? How dare you lump me into the minority of deadbeat fathers! These pathetic men should be shot for neglecting their responsibilities as a father! Heaven knows they won't make much difference in the world if they neglect this responsibility.

My kids call me often when they are at her house complaining to me about her temper... I found myself struggling to hold my tongue and speak nice things about their mother and try to comfort them. (My oldest's own words "I feel safe talking to my dad" spoken to his mother) The link explained how I felt I was or rather AM being treated by the courts. I have the kids nearly half the time and she still thinks she deserves CS based on sole custody. You tell me if that is right or not. Either way, your opinion does not matter as the courts have already branded me as you have. That will change!

IamNOTaVisitor!

thefid

Mediate This! said:
I didn't even bother clicking the link. Obviously another person who thinks creating a website will change things. :rolleyes:

You are correct, a web site will not change things. Which is unfortunate as it needs to change. Yet that isn't the purpose of the site. The purpose of it is to unite the court abused fathers AND mothers and then get the laws changed.

IamNOTaVisitor!

S

shell007

thefid said:
Your assumption that I do not have a relationship with my kids is the stereotype that men all too often have presented on them at the time of divorce. However, I am running on the assumption that you are not informed of the real statistics and the issues in my case.

I have my kids 40% of the nights and have paid based on sole custody, I even have it AUTOMATICALLY paid to her through my bank. So I have never missed a month and always want more time with my awesome boys. Do you call that "doesn't even bother"? How dare you lump me into the minority of deadbeat fathers! These pathetic men should be shot for neglecting their responsibilities as a father! Heaven knows they won't make much difference in the world if they neglect this responsibility.

My kids call me often when they are at her house complaining to me about her temper... I found myself struggling to hold my tongue and speak nice things about their mother and try to comfort them. (My oldest's own words "I feel safe talking to my dad" spoken to his mother) The link explained how I felt I was or rather AM being treated by the courts. I have the kids nearly half the time and she still thinks she deserves CS based on sole custody. You tell me if that is right or not. Either way, your opinion does not matter as the courts have already branded me as you have. That will change!

IamNOTaVisitor!

if your not happy with the court's decisions re: CS...then go back to court and get it revised. IF NOT...KEEP PAYING AS ORDERED!!!

thefid

eme76 said:
ceara19 said:
i get the feeling he's a bit bitter:eek:

Thank you for expressing your view of my possible status of mind... The answer is yes and no. I do have some bitter feelings that I am trying to overcome, however I do everything possible to prevent it showing in the lives of my boys. My boys need me, yet they don't need bitterness projected on them from me.

IamNOTaVisitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">