• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do they calculate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tracker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
My husband has a child from a previous marriage 12 years ago. My husband and I have a son, also 5 years old. I have recently lost my job and my husband is our sole sorce of support and the moment. His ex-wife is now wanting to try to increase his child support. will they take this all into consideration?

TinkerBelleLuvr

Illinois is a percentage of income state. Look at your husbands paystub and figure out 22% of his net income and see where that is in relation to the support he is currently paying.

LdiJ

Illinois is a percentage of income state. Look at your husbands paystub and figure out 22% of his net income and see where that is in relation to the support he is currently paying.
Are you sure its 22% for one child? I thought it was 20% in IL. The calculation is also more complicated than a percentage of what his check shows as net. He could have voluntary deductions or more withholding than necessary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">