• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do they decide amounts?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seeingheragain

What is the name of your state? NY
so once the divorce and custody is settled I guess I have to pay child support. I want to know if I tell the judge that I will buy food weekly for her, or clothing can that just count as my child support? Also how much should I have to pay. If it's gonna be alot then I'm going to work "under the table" HEY she left me! Not my problem to have to pay her bills now.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
seeingheragain said:
so once the divorce and custody is settled I guess I have to pay child support. I want to know if I tell the judge that I will buy food weekly for her, or clothing can that just count as my child support? Also how much should I have to pay. If it's gonna be alot then I'm going to work "under the table" HEY she left me! Not my problem to have to pay her bills now.
They're going to look at your past tax returns and use those numbers to figure out what you owe. Doesn't matter if you work under the table now or not. It's what you COULD earn that is going to count.

And no, the court is not going to allow you to simply buy your kid food and/or clothes in lieu of paying support.

BL

seeingheragain said:

There ya go again ...

Guess what , you're NOT in charge , and you CAN NOT dictate .

Look up New York State Child Support Calculator .

And hey , She did leave you .

Ya know I've been through more crap than you'll ever dream of , you aren't playing poker here , you're dealing with the LAWS .

It's not about her , It's about the Children now .

Last edited:

Just Blue

SingleMom67 said:
I thought we determined months ago this guy wasn't for real.

I thought it was determined months ago that he was an as$hole and should raked through the coals...:confused:

weenor

seeingheragain said:

OP you are a troll, but just for fun....might I suggest switching to a cheaper beer? I believe that Rhinelander beer is still under $10.00 a case.;)

S

shell007

If it's gonna be alot then I'm going to work "under the table" HEY she left me! Not my problem to have to pay her bills now.

OP: It NOT about paying her bills...IT'S ABOUT YOUR KIDS. That's why it's called CHILD SUPPORT. However...I DO HOPE you ended up paying her SPOUSAL SUPPORT TOO! :D :D

LdiJ

You know...I actually think this guy is for real....I just think that he is that damned stupid. He is too consistant to be a troll. Nobody who is making things up can be that consistant over as much time as he has been here.

ceara19

LdiJ said:
You know...I actually think this guy is for real....I just think that he is that damned stupid. He is too consistant to be a troll. Nobody who is making things up can be that consistant over as much time as he has been here.
I think you're right. His story hasn't changed at all and he hasn't contridicted himself in any of the different posts. Anybody smart enough to keep all of this guys story staight is either genuine or has a really good criminal potential.

Then again, maybe he is a troll. He could be a criminal that got caught and has nothing better to do with his days while he counts down the time left until he's released from prison. ;)

weenor

Alright, he's not a troll. My advise stands..Rhinelander remains the cheapest beer I've ever found...if it is no longer being made....then try Milwaukee's Best.

ceara19

weenor said:
Alright, he's not a troll. My advise stands..Rhinelander remains the cheapest beer I've ever found...if it is no longer being made....then try Milwaukee's Best.
There's also Pearl, Lone Star and Keystone. If he's really broke, he can always switch over to Boone's Farm Strawberry wine.

weenor

ceara19 said:
There's also Pearl, Lone Star and Keystone. If he's really broke, he can always switch over to Boone's Farm Strawberry wine.

Who could ever say that college was a waste of time?:D

ceara19

weenor said:
Who could ever say that college was a waste of time?:D
Isn't the whole point in going to college is so that you can get a good job and afford to buy the good stuff? ;)

S

seeingheragain

Well i'll have you smartys know that i have several friends who have children who dont even care! and I do!! but they only have to pay like $50 a month, that is all i want to pay.how can I get that amount? i would rather just buy her food/grocery and clothing. that's all she needs.

S

seeingheragain

and fyi : i dont need cheap beer, i need cheap child support. i dont drink cheap crap. i like sam adams if you must know, or liquor. mabye you like to drink piss but i dont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">