• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do you calculate day care?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abstract99

What is the name of your state? Az

Ok here is the situation. There is one child, 9 years old. Mom was assigned an income because she doesn't work but will also be given a credit for child care. I looked through the AZ CS guidelines and I cannot find where that would be estimated. The child goes to school so I would imagine that IF mom was working that she would only require to provide dayt care for about an hour or 2 a day on days that school is in.

seniorjudge

abstract99 said:
What is the name of your state? Az

Ok here is the situation. There is one child, 9 years old. Mom was assigned an income because she doesn't work but will also be given a credit for child care. I looked through the AZ CS guidelines and I cannot find where that would be estimated. The child goes to school so I would imagine that IF mom was working that she would only require to provide dayt care for about an hour or 2 a day on days that school is in.
arizona calculate child support daycare

S

shell007

There is about a 50-50 chance, more or less.

To bad we can't have signatures anymore.
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

abstract99

That only brings up the child support calculator. Then any sites that refer to calculating daycare only address it if that parent is actually providing it which mom is not but i was told that since she was assigned the income that she could get a credit for day care. I found a few sites that said that after the parent stops working that the prior costs for day care can be attributed but the kids went for free because the day care provider was a friend of mine.

I actually found your response quite rude since I already said in my first post that I had already tried researching this and couldn't find my answer.

S

shell007

I actually found your response quite rude since I already said in my first post that I had already tried researching this and couldn't find my answer.

Well...that comment DIDN'T HELP you out any!!!

Last edited:

abstract99

If I take away assigning mom and income and therefore she can no longer receive a credit for daycare then the support is the same as if I took away her credit in the first place. I think it only makes me pay roughly 20 more a month. I think I am going to do that since it is less confusing. One question though... if mom was assigned an income before is it ok that I ask that one not be assigned now?

S

shell007

abstract99 said:
I think you are on the wrong thread. I never said anything like that on this one or any other for that matter.
Right thread, wrong quote. I corrected it.

abstract99 said:
any sites that refer to calculating daycare only address it if that parent is actually providing it which mom is not but i was told that since she was assigned the income that she could get a credit for day care.
If Mom is being assigned an income, and the child is now in school...Yes, the court will modify the child care credit to reflect the ACTUAL amount of time child care would be required if Mom were ACTUALLY working.

The court may require you to provide DETAILED written estimates from a few child care facilities -- I'd have these estimates ready before any scheduled hearing.

In AZ, the NCP can also receive credit for increased number of overnight visits -- so, if you can offer provide more "child care" that might work out well, too.

abstract99

shellandty said:
Well...that comment DIDN'T HELP you out any!!!
shellandty said:
Right thread, wrong quote. I corrected it.
Oh well then… my deepest and most sincere apologies. You see I thought that when you were rude to me that I was automatically allowed to say something back to you. My bad, I forgot that you were the Ruler of All and can go around badmouthing people all the time but when they politely point out to you that what you were making fun of them for was actually something they had already done and you failed to read their post completely, you get all butt hurt. My bad, but you see.. when I said:

abstract99 said:
I looked through the AZ CS guidelines and I cannot find where that would be estimated.
I clearly stated that I had already researched it. So when you said:

shellandty said:
Yep...it works.

Do you think the OP will catch on?
It was being rude. So, I guess that settles it then… you’re just rude. Inquiry123, thank you for your help. I think that I am actually going to just leave it as her not being assigned an income to make it easier on everyone. I would rather pay the extra few dollars then have her assigned one again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">