• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do you get the support stopped????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

astardustwish1

What is the name of your state? California, but case is in Indiana

My boyfriend's youngest daughter has turned 21 (age that support is to stop in that state) and they are still collecting money out of his check. He wrote to the child support division to notify them she was of age and to stop garnishing his wages. He owes no back support so I am wondering why they are making him go to Indiana for an emancipation hearing and spending all that money in travel for something that should happen automatically....shouldn't it? Also, this daughter has three children of her own and has not been living at home for over 3 years yet the mother still collected the money and kept it for herself (not counting the 3 years the daughter lived with him here in California and he still had the child support taken out of his check) :mad: ...can someone help me or direct me to a men's support group?

VeronicaGia

astardustwish1 said:
What is the name of your state? California, but case is in Indiana

My boyfriend's youngest daughter has turned 21 (age that support is to stop in that state) and they are still collecting money out of his check. He wrote to the child support division to notify them she was of age and to stop garnishing his wages. He owes no back support so I am wondering why they are making him go to Indiana for an emancipation hearing and spending all that money in travel for something that should happen automatically....shouldn't it? Also, this daughter has three children of her own and has not been living at home for over 3 years yet the mother still collected the money and kept it for herself (not counting the 3 years the daughter lived with him here in California and he still had the child support taken out of his check) :mad: ...can someone help me or direct me to a men's support group?
When the child lived with him, he should have had custody and support modified. When the child moved out, he should have filed to try to emancipate her then. Now he needs her emancipated.

Go to court, get it over with for good.

www.deltabravo.net

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">