• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How does Medicaid work?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Draggurl93

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri.
My sons father now has to cover him under insurance, he has been on Medicaid since he was born, my son is now 2 years old, can I keep the Medicaid and have them as a secondary insurance, or will they kick him off? He's been going to a doc that I love and I don't want to have to lose her being he has different insurance now.

NellieBly

The state will want to glean whatever money they can from the insurance company. I can only attest to what they did in Iowa. Medicaid paid the bills, then went after the insurance company. This was known as "pay and chase."

ajkroy

Ask the doctor you love if she takes the new insurance. If so, she'll likely get paid far more than she did with state insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">