• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get my ex husband to adhear to his court mandated requirements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lib3rty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Hi, I'm new to this so I hope I did everything right and give you enough information...
I am a single mom of 3 little girls, attending college ft and job hunting; I live in NC and my ex husband lives in KY. When we were divorced and our papers drawn up (in KY) he was required to maintain and provide insurance for all three of the girls. Since our divorce, he has never provided that information to me -- but now I need it. My girls are insured by Medicaid and that has worked for us because my ex wouldn't give them his insurance info; the last time my case worker spoke to him he provided the info to her. Now my Medicaid has been adjusted and it will not cover or pay anything until his ins. co is billed first. I have one daughter who has swelling in her middle ear--this ins. change took place between appointments and now I'm responsible for all the tests; I have another daughter who possibly has a learning disability which is causing her to fail 3rd grade (she's been diagnosed with ADD and her medication and monthly dr. visits are NOT cheap); and now my oldest has a lump in her breast and she's only 10. I HAVE to get copies of his ins. I've asked him and asked him and he just puts it off. My kids well-being is at risk and I don't knw what to do? I've tried NC legal aid and they are no help, are rude, and refer me to an attny referral hotline where even the consultation costs money. I'm willing to do research and correspond with my ex's attny my self but I don't know where to start and I need to be taken seriously. HELP! I don't know what else to do or where else to turn right now.

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Hi, I'm new to this so I hope I did everything right and give you enough information...
I am a single mom of 3 little girls, attending college ft and job hunting; I live in NC and my ex husband lives in KY. When we were divorced and our papers drawn up (in KY) he was required to maintain and provide insurance for all three of the girls. Since our divorce, he has never provided that information to me -- but now I need it. My girls are insured by Medicaid and that has worked for us because my ex wouldn't give them his insurance info; the last time my case worker spoke to him he provided the info to her. Now my Medicaid has been adjusted and it will not cover or pay anything until his ins. co is billed first. I have one daughter who has swelling in her middle ear--this ins. change took place between appointments and now I'm responsible for all the tests; I have another daughter who possibly has a learning disability which is causing her to fail 3rd grade (she's been diagnosed with ADD and her medication and monthly dr. visits are NOT cheap); and now my oldest has a lump in her breast and she's only 10. I HAVE to get copies of his ins. I've asked him and asked him and he just puts it off. My kids well-being is at risk and I don't knw what to do? I've tried NC legal aid and they are no help, are rude, and refer me to an attny referral hotline where even the consultation costs money. I'm willing to do research and correspond with my ex's attny my self but I don't know where to start and I need to be taken seriously. HELP! I don't know what else to do or where else to turn right now.

Then contact your caseworker and obtain the info through her/him. Your worker would have needed copies of those cards in order to enter them into the system. She couldn't simply enter the info without also having the proof of coverage in the file (copies of the ins cards).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">