• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to go about things in this horrible situation I have got myself into? Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Neesham

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) Texas

I'm a 27 year old international student here in the US on an F1 visa to pursue my masters. I did a series of the most stupidest things ever and my life is ruined now. So, kindly tell me the best way to go about things from here instead of further condemning me as I'm already depressed and scared to death. I came to USA earlier this January, I don't understand how the law works here and am really scared.

I started seeing this 45 year old woman (who looks much younger) this September. She persuaded me into having unprotected sex with her for 15 weeks. She never had a baby as one of her ovaries is inclined and said condoms irritate her skin and convinced me that unprotected sex won't get her pregnant. She is an actress. She did a convincing job. My life is screwed. I was never in a relationship, so was unable to resist the temptation. It's all my fault.

Turns out that all this was a plan to get me to donate sperm for the IVF surgery she would go on to have this November. Before the surgery, she got me to give my sperm to a Texas Health clinic to check for fertility. I reluctantly did it after repeatedly inquiring with the receptionist if the sperm would be used for any other purpose besides testing for sperm count and all. They assured me that it was just for testing for fertility. So, I went ahead. A few days after that, she wanted to have the IVF surgery. I asked her to wait for a couple of months as I'm still doing my masters, with no job. But, she kept pushing saying if she cancels it, she has to pay the whole amount that her insurance would pay otherwise. She probably lied. I said I wasn't ready. And then, she said she is pregnant already. I asked her why go with the risky IVF if she is already pregnant and she said she wanted twins now. I said I'm not doing it. So, she got a donor (somehow) and got him to donate sperm for the IVF. Now, she is pregnant with twins. This is her seventh week. She told me two weeks ago that she mixed my sperm with the donor's for the IVF. I asked her how is it even possible as the clinic assured me it would not be used for any other purposes, and she said she has a friend working in the clinic. I wanted to take legal action against the clinic, but I neither had money nor resources to do so.

I would marry her and spend the rest of my life with her, but, she keeps hiding things from me, and therefore, I'm just unable to trust her. Also, I'm too scared to break-up as I want to know what her plans are. She has my pictures and all to prove that we were dating.

So, I don't know what to do here. What am I liable for and what do I do? Please help.

Last edited:

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) Texas

I'm a 27 year old international student here in the US on an F1 visa to pursue my masters. I did a series of the most stupidest things ever and my life is ruined now. So, kindly tell me the best way to go about things from here instead of further condemning me as I'm already depressed and scared to death. I came to USA earlier this January, I don't understand how the law works here and am really scared.

I started seeing this 45 year old woman (who looks much younger) this September. She persuaded me into having unprotected sex with her for 15 weeks. She never had a baby as one of her ovaries is inclined and said condoms irritate her skin and convinced me that unprotected sex won't get her pregnant. She is an actress. She did a convincing job. My life is screwed. I was never in a relationship, so was unable to resist the temptation. It's all my fault.

Turns out that all this was a plan to get me to donate sperm for the IVF surgery she would go on to have this November. Before the surgery, she got me to give my sperm to a Texas Health clinic to check for fertility. I reluctantly did it after repeatedly inquiring with the receptionist if the sperm would be used for any other purpose besides testing for sperm count and all. They assured me that it was just for testing for fertility. So, I went ahead. A few days after that, she wanted to have the IVF surgery. I asked her to wait for a couple of months as I'm still doing my masters, with no job. But, she kept pushing saying if she cancels it, she has to pay the whole amount that her insurance would pay otherwise. She probably lied. I said I wasn't ready. And then, she said she is pregnant already. I asked her why go with the risky IVF if she is already pregnant and she said she wanted twins now. I said I'm not doing it. So, she got a donor (somehow) and got him to donate sperm for the IVF. Now, she is pregnant with twins. This is her seventh week. She told me two weeks ago that she mixed my sperm with the donor's for the IVF. I asked her how is it even possible as the clinic assured me it would not be used for any other purposes, and she said she has a friend working in the clinic. I wanted to take legal action against the clinic, but I neither had money nor resources to do so.

I would marry her and spend the rest of my life with her, but, she keeps hiding things from me, and therefore, I'm just unable to trust her. Also, I'm too scared to break-up as I want to know what her plans are. She has my pictures and all to prove that we were dating.

So, I don't know what to do here. What am I liable for and what do I do? Please help.
Honestly? I think you're being scammed. It's ... actually painfully obvious that she's lying to you. She's currently pregnant and she thinks she'll get IVF because she wants twins?! Um .. no. Just no.

Do NOT sign or agree to ANYTHING before paternity is established. Ignore her until you receive something from the court telling you that she's suing for paternity. Then, request a DNA test. The court WILL allow this.

Until then, there's not much you can do.

Edit: That clinic that you went to - find what you signed, and read it very, very carefully. Yes, you will have signed something and if you lost it they'll have a copy.

Neesham

I'm still on good terms. We are about to move in next week. We got engaged (not married) 2 weeks ago. Can I use this to my advantage here?

Neesham

Please don't ask me why I got engaged. I did so as I feel scared, alone and helpless. If I'm with her, I would at least know what she is up to. I actually used to love her and the engagement was a honest proposal hoping she would change and we would start a family together. I tried to change myself to make her like me, and she said she loves me, but whenever I try to talk about love and relationship, she is like she doesn't really want to talk about relationships anymore (I thought it was because of her past). She did help me shop for thinksgiving, gifted me things on my birthday and all. She sounds honest sometimes, but she keeps hiding too many things from me.

Neesham

So you're engaged to her now, and the two of you are moving in together soon. What's the problem here?
I know. It's a bizzarre and confusing relationship for me. I would love nothing more than moving in and marrying her, but she keeps hiding things from me. She still hasn't let me visit her current apartment even on my insisting. She says she stays with her girlfriend, and whenever I tell her that I'll visit her, she tells me the house is dirty and all. I'm really suspicious now. This one's not that bad, but she has all her facebook contacts hidden from me as private, but it's more of a personal space, so I ignored. It's little things like this that scare me.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
PLEASE follow Pro's advice! Do NOT marry this woman! That will only compound a mistake in judgment even more. Your life is not ruined, but you need to stop making foolish choices. It's too late for "coulda shoulda woulda's" (although I can tell you that if you were MY child? I'd beat you soundly 'bout the head and shoulders.)

Break the engagement.

Cut all contact.

IF and when she files a paternity/child support action against you - file for a DNA test to prove/disprove paternity of BOTH children (assuming she actually delivers twins).

Do NOT give her money.

Do NOT accept anything she says as true.

DO take responsibility for your own reproductive choices. Make good friends with Mr. Left and Mr. Right.

eerelations

Basically, you don't have any legal issues or problems to resolve. It's perfectly legal for her to "hide things" from you, and to refuse to discuss your relationship.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I fail to see the point in Neesham's posts.

It is clear that he has mistaken this for a support/therapy forum.

Pro has given very sensible advise, and Neesham just follows up with more posts about the stupid life choices he's making.

Neesham:
(1) BREAK OFF THE ENGAGEMENT. You have no legally binding ties yet. Keep it that way. She will not improve her questionable behavior.
(2) DON'T MOVE IN WITH HER. You still have time to back out on this, too.
(3) Please reread the previous posts from senior members.

You have NOT ruined your life... yet. But you are coming across as immature and willfully ignorant. Fix that.

Proserpina

Hmmm. So, when you're finished your masters, where do you intend to live and work?

(by the way SHE CLEARLY DOES NOT LOVE OR RESPECT YOU.)

Proserpina

I know. It's a bizzarre and confusing relationship for me. I would love nothing more than moving in and marrying her, but she keeps hiding things from me. She still hasn't let me visit her current apartment even on my insisting. She says she stays with her girlfriend, and whenever I tell her that I'll visit her, she tells me the house is dirty and all. I'm really suspicious now. This one's not that bad, but she has all her facebook contacts hidden from me as private, but it's more of a personal space, so I ignored. It's little things like this that scare me.
Neesham, I believe you're trolling us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">