• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to locate parent for back child support??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lowgirl

What is the name of your state? Ohio

How can I find the absent parent? He gave me an address in Texas but obviously it wasn't correct. My problem is he never stays in one place for very long. He moves back and forth from Canada (where his wife is from) to Texas. I don't know that he works, my children haven't seen him in 5 years and he owes $30,000 in back child support. If he goes to Canada, who would I contact there to try and find him? My local child support agency is doing what they can with the little info I give them but it infuriates me that these people can't be found. We can send someone to the moon but can't find someone so they can pay child support??!!!

if you want to find your ex make yourself into a detective search the web their are ways it may cost a little money but if your clever enough anyone can be found!

lowgirl

What other information do you suggest I give other than what cs already has? Is name, date of birth, ss#, height, weight, eye color, & hair color not enough? Am I to blame because he gave me a false address? I know that I am pretty much SOL, even I do find him. If I win his game of hide and seek that doesn't mean he will pay support.

Ambr

Okay......

He is $30k in arrears and odds are good that you won't ever see any of that money, right? So if you even saw PART of that money you would be happy, right?

Why not do a google search for CHILD SUPPORT COLLECTION COMPANIES. The kind that go after them, at no cost to you, for a % of the money they collect. Trust me......when they have the $$ coming to them, they are like blood hounds on a bone.

yes i read the 1st post and i did not say hire a dettective i said do it yourself you would be amazed at things you can find on the web you can search the public records for the counties you know they have been in or you think they have been in. its worth a try

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">