• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does it take????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ajfai

What is the name of your state? TX the child is in Louisiana

My fiance has a CS order in Louisiana. He flew to LA to meet with the Atty. and was told that he did not make enough to pay insurance for the child. It did not matter to him if he did or not he just wanted to get the CS started. He was sent papers outlining that he would be paying insurance for the child. When he first met with the atty. he was given an amt. that did not include insurance. He received papers saying that he will provide insurance. My question is will he be required to pay the same amount and provide insurance? Also, it has been four months now and he has not heard anything. How long does this normally take? I understand that he will owe arrears will that be a substantial amt?

legalcole

emg insurance

My husbands ex is also required to pay for insurance but when she lost her job she figured out a way to get emergency insurance through BC/BS for $35.00 a month. It covers nothing and is worthless but it meets the court order. Unforturately, if anything happens to the child we are reqired to pay half of the medical expenses which will be painful since the stupid insurance does not cover doctor's visits, emergency room visits only long term hospital stays.

Phnx02

ajfai said:
What is the name of your state? TX the child is in Louisiana

My fiance has a CS order in Louisiana. He flew to LA to meet with the Atty. and was told that he did not make enough to pay insurance for the child. It did not matter to him if he did or not he just wanted to get the CS started. He was sent papers outlining that he would be paying insurance for the child. When he first met with the atty. he was given an amt. that did not include insurance. He received papers saying that he will provide insurance. My question is will he be required to pay the same amount and provide insurance? Also, it has been four months now and he has not heard anything. How long does this normally take? I understand that he will owe arrears will that be a substantial amt?
Possibly, even though the attorney told him he doesn't make enough to pay for insurance, this was just a (stupid) comment because most states require the NCP provide insurance. The monthly insurance premium is considered part of CS, thus what he is to pay each month in CS (based on his income) will be reduced by the same dollar amount the monthly insurance premium is. You haven't heard anything in 4 months......what exactly do you mean? He sent the signed papers back to his attorney and hasn't heard anything or what? What he owes in arrears is based on when original CS order was filed and based on his income during that time.

ajfai

He hasn't heard anything

He hasn't heard anything from the court. He just wants to start paying as soon as possible. How long can they drag this thing out? Is there anything he can do or anyone he can talk to to get this thing rolling?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">