• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does it take for?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

round 1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca

I started a new job back in early october n haven't had support taken out.. Hiw long does it take them to find me n start taking it out? And does my job have to notify me of the deduction before it happens or do i find out when I receive my check?

Proserpina

I started a new job back in early october n haven't had support taken out.. Hiw long does it take them to find me n start taking it out? And does my job have to notify me of the deduction before it happens or do i find out when I receive my check?

What happened when you called to ask?

You HAVE been setting the money aside, yes?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

You are supposed to notify CHILD SUPPORT when you start a new job. Your job doesn't have to notify you before they follow the COURT ORDER that you are AWARE exists and how much that court order is for. Good grief.

CSO286

You are required by law to notify csed of any new employment. And should income withholding not be implemented in a timely fashion, YOU are required to make voluntary payments.

Your employer is required to:

Reporting Requirements
All California employers must report all their new or rehired employees who work in California to the New Employee Registry within twenty (20) days of their start-of-work date. The start-of-work date is the first day services were performed for wages. Employers who file on magnetic media must submit two files each month.
New Hire Reporting

And, no, they are not required to let you know that they received the income withholding order; they can simply start taking the support out of your pay. YOU already know you owe the money and YOU already know it will be coming out of your pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">