• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how much can the state take out of my ex husbands paycheck for child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melissahoover

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? indiana

i was wondering what amount of child support the state of indiana can legally take from his check? some weeks i get half the amount and some weeks i dont get any at all. its his responsibility to pay whats left which is not what hes doing. is there anything i can do? can someone tell me how much legally can be taken from his check each week? thanks

Zephyr

I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong- if there are no arears no more than 50% percent of his check can be taken, if there are arrears then I believe it goes to 60%.

A good habit to get into is to structure your budget/expenses so that you do no depend on the cs.

nextwife

However, are there any other child support orders also being garnished out of his check? Also, if he owes any income tax or tax penalties, be certain the State Dept of Revenue and/or IRS will also be going after a portion of his check.

melissahoover

I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong- if there are no arears no more than 50% percent of his check can be taken, if there are arrears then I believe it goes to 60%.

A good habit to get into is to structure your budget/expenses so that you do no depend on the cs.
oh no i dont depend on the child support but, my kids do. my current husband has a good job but i feel its the kids fathers responsibility to help take care of his kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">