• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to prove income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Msshon25

What is the name of your state? Missouri
Hello I have a 5month old son and have been thinking about pursing child support from my sons father, my problem is how do I verify his income? He has invested in some property which is under a tax id. How do you figure out who owns the tax id? and he has previous stated that he owns at least 5 or 6 properties which are all on section 8 which i did verify are under this tax id. He also lives in a $300,000.000 home which is under this tax id but all the utilities are in his name he also has a bank account and drives 2 really nice cars which I believe he has put in his mothers name. He lives very comfortably but on the record none of this income shoes. any advise on how to prove it? I have information on all the properties and the name of the LLC but I just dont know how to prove he's in on the business.

nextwife

He also lives in a $300,000.000 home which is under this tax id but all the utilities are in his name he also has a bank account and drives 2 really nice cars .
My 10 year old "lives in" a $425,000 home, but that doesn't mean she has a big income! I drive and own three nice vehicles free and clear, and own and live in a $425,000 home, but, at present, have a VERY modest income. If one has assets, one can accomplish all that with little current income. Just an FYI.

Have your attorney request copies of his tax returns.

Msshon25

Well i know thats a way but not in his case he is 23 the only job he has ever had is Enterprise Rental Cars.. so I will let you figure out the rest.. he lives in this big house pays all the bills drives these nice cars as to which he pays a monthly bill.. do you think he includes this income on his tax returns.. I THINK what im trying to say is how do you find under the table income.. Like can they force whoever owns this tax id to turn over their financial records to see where the money is coming from and who he is paying?

nextwife

Who OWNS the house he lives in? Who OWNS the cars?

The Properties are OWNED by an LLC? Look up the LLC wherever LLCs are registered in that state (like the Secretary of State's office) and see who the officers or registered agent may be. Is he on a mortgage for these, did he inheritate a share? In other words, how do you believe he acquired these properties? Do they cash flow or are they operating in the red??

Msshon25

Basically they are operating in the red I already looked up the LLC on the website and it gave me a name which is his uncle I believe but he's living in the home and his uncle is a front man if you ask me cant we figure out some way that he is in on it or his income was used to start the company like money laundering?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Basically they are operating in the red I already looked up the LLC on the website and it gave me a name which is his uncle I believe but he's living in the home and his uncle is a front man if you ask me cant we figure out some way that he is in on it or his income was used to start the company like money laundering?
Prove it. Prove it all. Because unless you prove that this is the 23 year old's house and he is hiding his income, your child gets nothing. You have no proof that his uncle is a front man.

nextwife

Did it ever occur to you that all those claims of owning all this real estate were actually just male bravado? Trying to sound bigger and more important than he was while he was pursuing you? I, for one, sure wouldn't automatically BELIEVE financial claims a 20 something guy who was interested in bedding me was claiming.

BTW: Tenants can have utilities in their name while residing in property owned by another. Utilities is not ownership. One aspect of my job involves making sure utilities are on in homes at risk of freeze up or flooding if the owner abandons or are in default, Thus we often pay utilities for properties we do NOT own.

haiku

You can put utilities in any name you want. As a tenant, before I was a home owner, I for one, never lived in an apartment or house where I WASN'T responsible for putting utilities in my name. I also when I was younger had the use of my moms sportscar when I wanted it.

I can believe the theory of a 23 year old with rich relatives, snowed our OP into thinking he was much more than a rental car salesman.

dejongaj

I have the same problem as the other woman. Unfortunately, I was married to the father of my son and know his tricks. In this case, he has multiple LLCs under different names (including his brothers), claims to be unemployed, yet lives in a $240,000 house and drives a brand-new $60,000 vehicle. Yes, he makes poor money decisions and lives above his income, but he claims $0 income. The only place I can find that he is making money is on eBay (he's made a couple thousand a month there selling phones).

If you have the money, you should hire an attorney and a private detective to subpoena his records and see whether the mortgage/car payments are up-to-date and if they are titled in different names, to see from whose account the payments are being generated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">