• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to prove perjury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? ME

Okay, I had court last month, one of the items was to reduce child support due to his extra traveling, as my ex had moved almost double the distance from me and the kids. He had testified under oath that he traveled the route of the turnpike, which put the travel distance at 226 miles. I knew that he used another route, which was more direct, at 165 miles. He testified that he did not use that route, as it was longer (which in actuality is not the case), and it was back mountain roads (again, not really the case - just not the highway). The judge used his mileage due to the time difference on the printouts.

Fast forward to last night/this morning. The boys had to stay another night with their dad because we had a storm the day they were supposed to be home. So they got home last night, and their dad says to both boys, "Make sure you remember to tell your teachers about the moose we saw." So, this morning, on the way to daycare, the younger one (5 years old, in Kindergarten) said to me, guess what, we saw a moose last night on the way home. I asked where they saw it, (thinking to myself, Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont...the states they have to travel through to get home). They both chimed in "on the Kangamangus". So, I casually asked if that's the way they came home, they both said yes. They went on further to say that's the way they always go. I made a comment to myself, which unfortunately they heard, saying that he lied in court. The oldest (7 years old, 2nd grade) then started crying saying that he lied to his Dad. I asked him why, and he said that Dad had asked them if I questioned the boys about the way they go home or to Dad's, to which they had told him no. I tired to explain that actually, they didn't lie to Dad, because I didn't ask them, they had told me in talking about the moose. (I didn't want my oldest to be upset).

Here's the questions - I'm not sure how to deal with this. First of all, the perjury issue. I do have a motion to reconsider in the works now, because he had moved and the new house he lives in has a different mileage than his old house (he was int he process of moving when we went to court, which he never disclosed the new location). Second of all, how do I deal with what he's doing to the boys? He's putting them in the middle all the time, any time he has a question, he has the boys ask me (or the oldest one, anyway).

haiku

home. I asked where they saw it, (thinking to myself, Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont...the states they have to travel through to get home). They both chimed in "on the Kangamangus". So, I casually asked if that's the way they came home, they both said yes. They went on further to say that's the way they always go. I made a comment to myself, which unfortunately they heard, saying that he lied in .
the kankamangus is in New Hampshire? so whats the issue?...

honestly at this time of year if he is traveling through the white mountains, depending onthe weather, it is sometimes wise to avoid certain roads so I don't know as yo ucan always hold someone to a specific route everytime. Depending on what he is getting out of the distance, it may be a nitpick...but don't have enough info to say.....

the kankamangus is in New Hampshire? so whats the issue?...

honestly at this time of year if he is traveling through the white mountains, depending onthe weather, it is sometimes wise to avoid certain roads so I don't know as yo ucan always hold someone to a specific route everytime. Depending on what he is getting out of the distance, it may be a nitpick...but don't have enough info to say.....
Here are the different route issues. He used in court a 229 mile route, that goes from where he lived in Vt, down to Manchester, NH, over to Portsmouth, NH, then up the interstate to Maine, and to where I live. It's about a 4 hour travel time. The route that I brought to court is a 165 mile route, that is much more direct. It goes from where he lives in VT up to the Conway area in NH, then over into Maine and to where I live. Much more direct. It goes along the bottom of the White Mountains, not actually in the National Forest/Park area. I knew that he used this route by things that he had said to me. According to the printout I brought, it gave a travel time of about 5 1/2 hours, which is not correct - it's about the same time. During court, he testified that he did not use the shorter route, because it was mountain roads and 5 1/2 hours (which he knew differently). The judge accepted his route because of the time issue.

Now, the boys came home, said that they use the shorter route every time, and it takes the same time (4 hours). So, he perjured himself on the stand, I'm just not sure how to prove it.

Also, as far as traveling those roads in bad weather - we had a storm here on Monday, the day the boys were supposed to be home. It was ice/sleet where he is, and snow/sleet where I am. He used the "back mountain roads" (as he called them) to bring the boys home, the day after a bad storm in which he couldn't drive. The roads were almost as bad yesterday as they were on Monday. More so if you ask me, as they were plowed and people were driving faster and with less caution.

haiku

Here are the different route issues. He used in court a 229 mile route, that goes from where he lived in Vt, down to Manchester, NH, over to Portsmouth, NH, then up the interstate to Maine, and to where I live. It's about a 4 hour travel time. The route that I brought to court is a 165 mile route, that is much more direct. It goes from where he lives in VT up to the Conway area in NH, then over into Maine and to where I live. Much more direct. It goes along the bottom of the White Mountains, not actually in the National Forest/Park area. I knew that he used this route by things that he had said to me. According to the printout I brought, it gave a travel time of about 5 1/2 hours, which is not correct - it's about the same time. During court, he testified that he did not use the shorter route, because it was mountain roads and 5 1/2 hours (which he knew differently). The judge accepted his route because of the time issue.

Now, the boys came home, said that they use the shorter route every time, and it takes the same time (4 hours). So, he perjured himself on the stand, I'm just not sure how to prove it.

Also, as far as traveling those roads in bad weather - we had a storm here on Monday, the day the boys were supposed to be home. It was ice/sleet where he is, and snow/sleet where I am. He used the "back mountain roads" (as he called them) to bring the boys home, the day after a bad storm in which he couldn't drive. The roads were almost as bad yesterday as they were on Monday. More so if you ask me, as they were plowed and people were driving faster and with less caution.
hmmm...I am familiar with the area, until yo uare pyhsically on the roads, its really hard to judge...

so ummm....what will it be worth to you to argue this? it really really seems nit picky...seriously...

hmmm...I am familiar with the area, until yo uare pyhsically on the roads, its really hard to judge...

so ummm....what will it be worth to you to argue this? it really really seems nit picky...seriously...

the difference would be in the deviation he gets in child support for his traveling. It would mean an additional $30/week to the kids. (works out to an additional $130/month towards the kids welfare.) As it goes now, the reduction he got from court doesn't even cover his share of the upkeep of the boys. Getting this rectified would mean more upkeep for the kids.

M

Mediate

Okay, I had court last month, one of the items was to reduce child support due to his extra traveling, as my ex had moved almost double the distance from me and the kids. He had testified under oath that he traveled the route of the turnpike, which put the travel distance at 226 miles. I knew that he used another route, which was more direct, at 165 miles. He testified that he did not use that route, as it was longer (which in actuality is not the case), and it was back mountain roads (again, not really the case - just not the highway). The judge used his mileage due to the time difference on the printouts.

Fast forward to last night/this morning. The boys had to stay another night with their dad because we had a storm the day they were supposed to be home. So they got home last night, and their dad says to both boys, "Make sure you remember to tell your teachers about the moose we saw." So, this morning, on the way to daycare, the younger one (5 years old, in Kindergarten) said to me, guess what, we saw a moose last night on the way home. I asked where they saw it, (thinking to myself, Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont...the states they have to travel through to get home). They both chimed in "on the Kangamangus". So, I casually asked if that's the way they came home, they both said yes. They went on further to say that's the way they always go. I made a comment to myself, which unfortunately they heard, saying that he lied in court. The oldest (7 years old, 2nd grade) then started crying saying that he lied to his Dad. I asked him why, and he said that Dad had asked them if I questioned the boys about the way they go home or to Dad's, to which they had told him no. I tired to explain that actually, they didn't lie to Dad, because I didn't ask them, they had told me in talking about the moose. (I didn't want my oldest to be upset).

Here's the questions - I'm not sure how to deal with this. First of all, the perjury issue. I do have a motion to reconsider in the works now, because he had moved and the new house he lives in has a different mileage than his old house (he was int he process of moving when we went to court, which he never disclosed the new location). Second of all, how do I deal with what he's doing to the boys? He's putting them in the middle all the time, any time he has a question, he has the boys ask me (or the oldest one, anyway).
Are you kidding me? You are even considering wasting the court's time over THIS??!! :rolleyes:

another question this brings up

Okay, here's another question this brings up. As I filed a motion to reconsider due to the reduction in mileage due to his new residence, how do I add this into the works? Do I file a revised motion, or additional evidence for the motion, or what?

Last edited:
M

Mediate

Okay, here's another question this brings up. As I filed a motion to reconsider due to the reduction in mileage due to his new residence, how do I add this into the works? Do I file a revised motion, or additional evidence for the motion, or what?
This is a multiple thread. Please close this one and copy and paste all of this into the other thread in custody/visitation.

haiku

who created this distance?

honestly, due to the way the highways work across upper New England, I don't think you woudl get very far, aside from the fact you are using the words of your very young children as your only proof. This is only going to cause MORE stress not lessen it.

I cannot really see where he is lying as people will occasionally have to follow other routes to do thier transporting.

Your ultimate goal here should be to move on, and NOT moniter every single move your ex makes....

who created this distance?

honestly, due to the way the highways work across upper New England, I don't think you woudl get very far, aside from the fact you are using the words of your very young children as your only proof. This is only going to cause MORE stress not lessen it.

I cannot really see where he is lying as people will occasionally have to follow other routes to do thier transporting.

Your ultimate goal here should be to move on, and NOT moniter every single move your ex makes....
He created the distance. Every time. (he's moved further from us 4 times now). He testified that he does not use that shorter route (the one that he uses all the time) due to the time and the roads...which was a blatent lie to the judge. The time is the same, and he used it the day after a storm. He testified that he always uses the highway, which is a longer route.

I do not want to monitor his every move, but I also have to look out for the welfare of my kids...physically and monitarily. And his reduction that he got in child support for his "traveling the longer distance" cannot support his portion of the kid's upkeep. He got a deviation based on false information. It needs to be rectified. I have what the kids have told me, and also things that he has said to me in the past, so I know that's the route he takes most of the time. He needs to be held accountable, then I will be able to move on.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Angel - you want to drag your kids in front of the judge to "PROVE" that ex sometimes travels a different route than he stated.
I have 3 (actually 4) different ways I can come to work. When I wake up in the morning, I couldn't tell you which one I'm going to take. Those decisions happen on the fly.

This is NOT something you want to waste the court's time with!

Angel - you want to drag your kids in front of the judge to "PROVE" that ex sometimes travels a different route than he stated.
I have 3 (actually 4) different ways I can come to work. When I wake up in the morning, I couldn't tell you which one I'm going to take. Those decisions happen on the fly.

The kids are the ones that have lost out as they do not have the monitary support that they should. That is what I am trying to rectify.

haiku

exactly. the area she is talking about that her ex drives through is MAJOR MAJOR boonieville through mountains and forest, through quite a lot of the area there ARE NO rest areas or anyplace even open to stop, especially in the winter months.

let go of your anger Angel, because you can't see you are using your kids same as you are accussing your ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">