• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to serve someone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chstewardwife56

california. i have a spouse that i filed child support papers on 1-18-08. He had a good employer and address up untill August of 2008. He is a United States Merchant Marine and travels in and out of the country for 8 months out of the year and can work for up to 5 shipping companies a year.

Delima: he has not been served as of yet. How do you serve somone like this so that you can collect child support, untill he is served my application is just paperwork. He has a TWIC card which gave him a FBI security clearence and a US Merchant Marine Document and a US Passport, that allows him to come go as he pleases out of the country. He also collects unemployment from the State of California. Can i get the proposed papers that were filed here in my county and have someone else an non partisian party serve him? He earnes up to 10,000 per month.

He is not forth coming to get served. Mother in california.

SIN EATER

In CA, he can be personally served by a professional process server, or by someone who is over 18 & not a party ...

You'd have to know where he was going to be & have someone with you who could hand him the papers.

I don't know if you filed for a divorce or just an Order To Show Cause for c/s.

Go to the courtinfo.ca.gov site for the forms which the server has to fill out (and you have to file with court as proof of service).
There are other proofs of service forms which may be more specific to your filing:
http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/documents/fl115.pdf

Nobody can tell you how you can find him - you probably know more than anyone as to his movements. Possibly someone who he is in contact with can tell you when he'll be at a certain location.
Can you call him and ask him to pick up something from your house: child for visitation, money you owe him, items he wants ??

Remember - you can't serve him yourself. It must be another person & they must be specific as to the time, date and location in their proof.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">