• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How or will this affect child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

My ex-husband is ordered to provide child support on our 2 children. Our oldest is 17, youngest is 10. Our 17 yo graduated HS early in December. He has now gotten a job working 15 hrs a week on a work to school program. He will start College classes in the Fall.

In the State of Kentucky, child support will continue on our Son until he is 18, even though he has graduated. Would the fact that he is making a small income factor into anything? I know CS will cease on him once he reaches 18 and my ex files a reconsideration, but I was wondering is the childs income would make is possible for him to cease it earlier?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

My ex-husband is ordered to provide child support on our 2 children. Our oldest is 17, youngest is 10. Our 17 yo graduated HS early in December. He has now gotten a job working 15 hrs a week on a work to school program. He will start College classes in the Fall.

In the State of Kentucky, child support will continue on our Son until he is 18, even though he has graduated. Would the fact that he is making a small income factor into anything? I know CS will cease on him once he reaches 18 and my ex files a reconsideration, but I was wondering is the childs income would make is possible for him to cease it earlier?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
A part time job for a teenager generally has no effect whatsoever on child support.

If your child was not going to college, and started a full time job right after graduation that might have been grounds for an exception...for the NCP to try to emancipate your child early, but that isn't the case here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">