• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hung to dry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmzno98

What is the name of your state?louisiana
case originated in california, ca. closed case because mother would not return calls from state or mail. Mother moved to Washington.
I was guilty by not showing up, I moved and mother sent me and state letters before court hearing to cancel, state went through and I'm gulity.
I was brought to court in La. and was found in default.
That was 5 years ago and I have never heard anything or recieved anything from the state, but I recently found I'm in arrears 36K.
I have never moved or changed address.
I have never heard from mother (10+yrs) and I have never seen or heard from child.
This is on my credit report. and I found out my license was revoked in La 5 years ago.
The mother forged my name on birth cert.
The mother doesn't want me to have contact, I don't want contact and the mother has never accepted any welfare or support.
Yet the state want to hang me.
Do I have any rights? or do I just get hanged.

BL

dmzno98 said:
What is the name of your state?louisiana
case originated in california, ca. closed case because mother would not return calls from state or mail. Mother moved to Washington.
I was guilty by not showing up, I moved and mother sent me and state letters before court hearing to cancel, state went through and I'm gulity.
I was brought to court in La. and was found in default.
That was 5 years ago and I have never heard anything or recieved anything from the state, but I recently found I'm in arrears 36K.
I have never moved or changed address.
I have never heard from mother (10+yrs) and I have never seen or heard from child.
This is on my credit report. and I found out my license was revoked in La 5 years ago.
The mother forged my name on birth cert.
The mother doesn't want me to have contact, I don't want contact and the mother has never accepted any welfare or support.
Yet the state want to hang me.
Do I have any rights? or do I just get hanged.

Yep the State supported your Child and took action to collect .
You didn't show . You lost by default ,and now the State wants their money back .

If you wanted to contest your Fatherhood , you should have done it YEARS ago ..

dmzno98

understand?

No moneys were ever exchanged between state and mother.
Mother refused support.
I did contest the fatherhood, and state of louisiana said they would drop the case if california did, and california did, (ca had a lien on me in ca. and sent a release) because california said neither party is interested in this going forward. Yet Louisiana still has it going.
Is this just paperwork?
I have 2 children that I support and live with me from my ex.
The child in question is from a girlfriend, that was looking for a husband.

BL

Have you sent Louisiana all the proofs of what you have stated here , and demand they honor there agreements ?

If so and they won't drop it , consult an Attorney .

Are you positive the mother didn't HAVE TO sign for the State to receive help , and the State didn't get the Judgments against you ?

You should research and make sure .

Mars4Dude

Cold Hearted World of Child Spousal Support

What I don't understand, about child support is why is it more important for the state to receive child support then a single parent trying to raise their children. I raised my two children for 12 years and only received $125.00 for the entire time, the first two years the wonderful child support division made me pay child support for the very children I was raising; thus, ensuring no chance of legal defense, while raising two children and paying child support for the very same children. This left my family with $20 a month for food, clothing and gas. Not everyone runs to get public assistance just because one qualifies. It took me nine years to get child support ordered, then, my former spouse received a large settlement from a workman’s compensation claim. However, my children didn't receive a penny. While the state took the maximum allowed by law for my children's half brother as he lives with his Grandmother and receives public assistance. Now to shoot lead into the wound, the family support division is challenging our 14 year old divorce decree which stated "No Spousal Support Order" but reserved and pursuing $160,000.00 arrears spousal support stating that a 20 year old separation order was never dismissed, when the court referred our divorce decree to the family support division for investigation and report within 120 days with regards to support, which was never done. It is so obvious that the court and the Family Support Division get part of the child and spousal support they collect for the state, back door taxation for job security. I want the Judge and the Director of the Family Support Division to tell my child why they had to go hungry for two years and now. How do I tell my children to cancel their plans of going to college..? So, please put your children first, because no one else does…

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">