• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband Lost Job Today.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glama_jama

ILLINOIS

Hello. My husband just lost his job, and currently pays $1100.00 in CP. What can we do to get the order modified. Can you send me a webpage of any downloadable forms to ammend the order immediately.

Would he need to go to the courthouse, or call the child-support division? Thanks in advance for your assistance. :(

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
glama_jama said:
ILLINOIS

Hello. My husband just lost his job, and currently pays $1100.00 in CP. What can we do to get the order modified. Can you send me a webpage of any downloadable forms to ammend the order immediately.

Would he need to go to the courthouse, or call the child-support division? Thanks in advance for your assistance. :(
Why did he lose his job? How did he lose his job? Was it his fault? If so or it is considered voluntary then child support will NOT be modified.

abstract99

Hey I live in Illinois, he isn't one of those idiot construction workers that went on strike today and are all over town is he?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
abstract99 said:
Hey I live in Illinois, he isn't one of those idiot construction workers that went on strike today and are all over town is he?
I always thought Illinois was a state. And a strike would be considered voluntary unemployment.

G

glama_jama

Husband Lost Job Today~ Part 2

DISGUSTED IN ILLINOIS

Hello again~No, my husband is not a construction worker. He worked for the phone company. He did not quit, he was terminated. I need some info. on child support modification imediately. He currently pays $1100.00 per month for 1 child. I would hate for that amount to go in arrears.

Thanks for taking the time to help us.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
glama_jama said:
DISGUSTED IN ILLINOIS

Hello again~No, my husband is not a construction worker. He worked for the phone company. He did not quit, he was terminated. I need some info. on child support modification imediately. He currently pays $1100.00 per month for 1 child. I would hate for that amount to go in arrears.

Thanks for taking the time to help us.
Then he needs to go to court today and file for a modification based on a change in circumstances. HOWEVER like i said in a previous post just because he was fired doesn't mean it was not his fault and it will not be looked at as voluntary. If was fired for cause (tardies, no shows, insubordination) then the court could look at it as a voluntary termination. I am not saying they will but they could. This is going to take time. But the sooner he files the better off he will be.

AHA

glama_jama said:
ILLINOIS

Hopefully he'll spend today filling out job applications everywhere.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">