• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husbands Ex disagrees with CS calculations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizmimi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I will try to make this as short as possible.
My husband and I have been married for 10 years, he has a 12 y/o daughter that he has eow. Per the request of his ex and the court order, I deal with ALL things regarding my sd as her and my husband are like fire and gasoline. He has always paid his cs, never missed a payment or been behind. Although the order doesn't say he must, he helps buy school clothes, shoes, school supplies, pays half for activities etc. He has a review every 36 months, and his cs has always stayed the same. (His ex worked as a pizza delivery driver)

Well this year he had to submit all of his check stubs for 8 weeks (I think), and his w-2 for the last 3 years, and they calculated it from that. Their calculations determined that the cs would be reduced by $4, yes you read that right, $4. So he sent the paper back saying he didn't want a hearing, and that was the end of it we thought. Well today, my husband received papers that his ex requested a hearing. She requested it based on the fact that she doesn't think they calculated it correctly. He submitted everything they asked for from W-2's, to check stubs, and proof of medical coverage (which he is required to have for his daughter). How would they not calculate it correctly? They took into account his bonus', overtime, everything.

The paper received says the following exactly: "Both parents MUST bring adequate proof of earning. Income can be proved by pay stubs, tax returns, and/or written statements from your employer. A minimum of 8 weeks of check stubs should be provided." So here is where we are lost, does he need to bring stubs, tax returns AND a written statement? Or just his stubs and tax returns? What exactly does he need to bring? Can it be the same things he submitted for the calculation to start with? He has never had a hearing before, and we want to be clear on what he needs to have so as to avoid any delay. Thanks for any advice.

Just Blue

I will try to make this as short as possible.
My husband and I have been married for 10 years, he has a 12 y/o daughter that he has eow. Per the request of his ex and the court order, I deal with ALL things regarding my sd as her and my husband are like fire and gasoline. He has always paid his cs, never missed a payment or been behind. Although the order doesn't say he must, he helps buy school clothes, shoes, school supplies, pays half for activities etc. He has a review every 36 months, and his cs has always stayed the same. (His ex worked as a pizza delivery driver)

Well this year he had to submit all of his check stubs for 8 weeks (I think), and his w-2 for the last 3 years, and they calculated it from that. Their calculations determined that the cs would be reduced by $4, yes you read that right, $4. So he sent the paper back saying he didn't want a hearing, and that was the end of it we thought. Well today, my husband received papers that his ex requested a hearing. She requested it based on the fact that she doesn't think they calculated it correctly. He submitted everything they asked for from W-2's, to check stubs, and proof of medical coverage (which he is required to have for his daughter). How would they not calculate it correctly? They took into account his bonus', overtime, everything.

The paper received says the following exactly: "Both parents MUST bring adequate proof of earning. Income can be proved by pay stubs, tax returns, and/or written statements from your employer. A minimum of 8 weeks of check stubs should be provided." So here is where we are lost, does he need to bring stubs, tax returns AND a written statement? Or just his stubs and tax returns? What exactly does he need to bring? Can it be the same things he submitted for the calculation to start with? He has never had a hearing before, and we want to be clear on what he needs to have so as to avoid any delay. Thanks for any advice.
\\
Is there a good reason that he can't ask these questions himself?:confused:

tuffbrk

The paper received says the following exactly: "Both parents MUST bring adequate proof of earning. Income can be proved by pay stubs, tax returns, and/or written statements from your employer. A minimum of 8 weeks of check stubs should be provided."
Seems pretty clear to me that if you choose to use paystubs as your documentation, a minimum of 8 wks is required.

mizmimi

\\
Is there a good reason that he can't ask these questions himself?:confused:
Honestly, no there sure isn't. He's a machinist and works 12-14 hours so I thought I might get an answer before he came home.

Seems pretty clear to me that if you choose to use paystubs as your documentation, a minimum of 8 wks is required.
I read what I posted and realized I wasn't clear. Do we need to bring paystubs, tax returns AND a written statement? Pick 1, 2 or 3 out of a hat? Or just 1? lol

I just 'ass'umed that I could find an answer to save him some digging, however I will direct him here.

Just Blue

Honestly, no there sure isn't. He's a machinist and works 12-14 hours so I thought I might get an answer before he came home.

I read what I posted and realized I wasn't clear. Do we need to bring paystubs, tax returns AND a written statement? Pick 1, 2 or 3 out of a hat? Or just 1? lol

I just 'ass'umed that I could find an answer to save him some digging, however I will direct him here.
Thank You. This is his issue and should post for himself...:)

Just Blue

NP at all. So should I direct him to start a new thread under his own registered name?
Thanks...Yes you should. Just lock this thread..Please don't delete it as it might help another SP that has overstepping issues. You are a great example of good SP.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">