• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husbands Ex-wife and constant Neglect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ceremony

What is the name of your state? NM

HELLO, I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD GIVE SOME SOUND ADVICE TO MY HUSBAND AND MY DILEMMA. WE RECENTLY GOT CUSTODY OF MY HUSBANDS CHILDREN, IN 2003. IT HAS BEENA ROUGH ROAD DEALING WITH HIS EX-WIFE. SHE IS CURRENLY ON PROBATION FOR FORGERY, IS STILL A DRUG USER, AND REFUSES TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT. SHE WAS RECENTLY FINED FOR MALICIOUS USE OF THE TELEPHONE, A CALL TO US SHE PLACED, THREATENING TO CLAIM THE CHILDREN AS HER DEPENDANTS ON HER TAXES.

SHE JUST MOVED IN WITH HER BOYFRIEND A KNOW METH COOK, AND TRANSPORTER. I LOOKED UP HER NAME ON NMCOURTS.COM, AND SEE THAT SHE HAS A PROBABTION VIOLATION, AND ALSO HER WAGES HAVE BEEN GARNISHED FOR AN OUTSTANDING BILL. SHE HAS TOLD US THAT SHE IS NOT WORKING, BUT MY SUSPICIONS ARE THAT SHE IS. HOW DO I GO ABOUT FILING FOR THE BACK CHILD SUPPRT THAT SHE OWES, IN THE AMOUNT OF ABOUT $4,000. THE CHILD SUPPORT IS COURT ORDERED, AND I BELIEVE THAT SHE IS IN VIOLATION OF HER PROBABTION FOR NOT PAYING, CAN I REPORT THIS? WHAT ABOUT HER DRUG USE? LAST WEEKEND WHILE SHE HAD THE KIDS, IN A STUPOR SHE TOLD HER DAUGHTER THAT SHE WISHED SHE WAS NEVER BORN....I FEEL I NEED TO STOP ALL THIS ABUSE SHE INFLICTS ON HER KIDS.

WE HAVE HAD TO RECORD EACH CONVERSATION WE OR THE CHILDREN HAVE WITH THIS WOMAN BECAUSE SHE IS SO VICIOUS AND TELLS HER 6 YEAR OLD SON TO HIT MY CHILDREN OVER THE HEAD WITH A BAT. WE HAVE A RECORDING WITH HER STATING THAT SHE IS COMING OVER TO PAY HER CHILD SUPPORT, BUT WHEN SHE SHOWS UP SHE GETS ANGRY WITH MY EX AND YOU CAN LITERALLY HEAR HER RIP THE MONEY ORDERS OUT OF HIS HAND AND TEAR OUT OF OUR DRIVEWAY.PLEASE, IF ANYONE CAN GIVE SOME ADVICE, IT WOULD BE SO MUCH APPRECIATED.What is the name of your state?

Shawna

You may need to get a restraining order and talk to a lawyer about possibly getting her parental rights revoked.

Ceremony

We Have Already Tried Several Times To Aquire A Restraining Order. The Judge In Charge Does Not Seem To Think We Need One, This Even After She Punched Muy Husband In The Chest And Lied About It In Court (snickering The Whole Time). We Have Basically Given Up On Trying. How Do You File For Comtempt Of Court For Child Support?

First off, typing in all caps is considered shouting, very rude & hard to read.

Second, this is your husband's battle, not yours. It is his dilema, not yours. You definately need to back out & let him fight this one. As the wife to a NCP, it will be easier if you butt out.

You said that she comes over with money orders, but gets upset & takes them back. What is making her so upset that she is doing this? Is it something that your husband is saying or doing? Why not just have her mail the money orders to the Division of Child Support or to your husband?

Ceremony

So sorry about the "caps"..

No, my husband is a gentle man waho never starts any drama. As I said before his ex-wife is a meth abuser..which tends to make her irrational and out of control. Unfortunatley her PO doesnot test on a frequent basis, or at all, she is also driving under a suspended license (and drink while doing it).

As for the comment that this is not my battle, I have to disagree. I take care of these children, it is my paycheck and my usbands that goes to support them. I am the one who took them to the endless dentsit appointments for cavities that were never taken care of, taken them to doctors appointments for blood in their urine, and ear infections. So, as far as that goes you are wrong... they are my concern.

S

shell007

Ceremony said:

No, my husband is a gentle man waho never starts any drama. As I said before his ex-wife is a meth abuser..which tends to make her irrational and out of control. Unfortunatley her PO doesnot test on a frequent basis, or at all, she is also driving under a suspended license (and drink while doing it).

As for the comment that this is not my battle, I have to disagree. I take care of these children, it is my paycheck and my usbands that goes to support them. I am the one who took them to the endless dentsit appointments for cavities that were never taken care of, taken them to doctors appointments for blood in their urine, and ear infections. So, as far as that goes you are wrong... they are my concern.
Consider all of your efforts as nothing more "being a nice person"

YOU HAVE NO LEGAL RIGHTS TO PURSUE ANYTHING. YOU are nothing to these children from a legal standpoint.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And, of course, Dad's lawyer and the judge are aware that Dad is taping calls as a third party - without Mom's consent - right?

Ceremony

Yes, Here in New Mexico is is legal to record without the third parties knowledge. Although she does know she is being recorded now at all times. We were allowed to use these recordings in court to prove the she is trying the alienate the children from their father and myself.

ceara19

Ceremony said:
Yes, Here in New Mexico is is legal to record without the third parties knowledge. Although she does know she is being recorded now at all times. We were allowed to use these recordings in court to prove the she is trying the alienate the children from their father and myself.
That covers YOUR conversations mom, not the children's.

BL

What does local Law Enforcement State when you call in suspicions of Meth Lab and sales ?

And that would be pretty stupid tearing up a M/O . As far as I know you need both parts to get your money back , so it would be money out the window .

And If the M/O's are in his hands , how pray tell does she rip them out of his hands ?

Is she 3 times as big as him , a body builder , or what ?

Sounds like YOU need to let DAD fight his own battles .

T

tntitangirl

stepmom should butt out

Ceremony said:

just because you do all these things for the kids doesnt give you the right to get involved. you are ONLY the stepmother, and, can do NOTHING where the kids are concerned. if you want to hurt your husbands case and p(ss off the judge should this go to court, then by all means, stick your nose in it. these are not your children, and you have no place in this legally.

weenor

tntitangirl said:
just because you do all these things for the kids doesnt give you the right to get involved. you are ONLY the stepmother, and, can do NOTHING where the kids are concerned. if you want to hurt your husbands case and p(ss off the judge should this go to court, then by all means, stick your nose in it. these are not your children, and you have no place in this legally.
Starting early this morning Kel?

OP- a rule ni si petition for contempt is necessary to get a judgement for the back child support. Best to get an attorney to file and then see if you can garnish any bank accounts- if the druggie has one.

Ceremony

Caught now in Possession

Thank you for all the helpful replies. We have retained the same lawyer from our first case, and are finally going for back child supprt. We have had a few problems serving her with papers as she has lied to the server about her identity, and have been out to her residence 4 times.

Since the last time I have wrote, my husbands ex wife has been to court for malicious use of the telephone and then again for harassment.

She was arrested last night on a $10,000 for failure to appear, when she was arrested she was found with paraphenelia, and in possession of meth. We hear that she will also be charged with child endangerment because her 3 year old son (from another relationship) was in the room where the meth was laying on the floor. We are relieved that this is finally all coming out in the open, and again thankful that it was not our children that were there in that situation. She was also served the court papers in jail.

She goes to court tomorrow for these new charges, and we are all crossing our fingers and hoping for the best for all parties. I know that she is already up on a probation violation, set for a hearing in September, as well as our case 7 days after her hearing. I don't know what the penalty is in New Mexico for possesion of meth and/ or the penalty is for having a child there near the drugs, but I hope that one day she will realize her mistakes and take the steps to correct them.

Thank you again for all the great input.

~Ceremony

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">