• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't understand why...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiffani04

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?VA

I just don't understand why the courts keep letting parents off the hook for not paying child support. We have been to court three times so far this year and nothing is being done to make the NCP pay court ordered child support. He owes $7,000 in arrears and when we went to court a few weeks ago they lowered the amount of child support he has to pay. He is working at a ball park doing stuff like mowing grass and picking up trash for about $150-200 a week. He is supposed to have child support garnished from his check but it has been about 6 weeks and nothing yet. In court he told the judge that he didn't want to work at a place where he would have a different shift every week such as fast food restaurants b/c he wanted to get a full time job and also keep the one he has now. And the judge bought it. I just don't understand how when he has every other weekend visitation he can take her out to all kinds of places but he can't help pay daycare or anything else.

tiffani04 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?VA

I just don't understand why the courts keep letting parents off the hook for not paying child support. We have been to court three times so far this year and nothing is being done to make the NCP pay court ordered child support. He owes $7,000 in arrears and when we went to court a few weeks ago they lowered the amount of child support he has to pay. He is working at a ball park doing stuff like mowing grass and picking up trash for about $150-200 a week. He is supposed to have child support garnished from his check but it has been about 6 weeks and nothing yet. In court he told the judge that he didn't want to work at a place where he would have a different shift every week such as fast food restaurants b/c he wanted to get a full time job and also keep the one he has now. And the judge bought it. I just don't understand how when he has every other weekend visitation he can take her out to all kinds of places but he can't help pay daycare or anything else.
You have to keep in mind that child support and visitation are seperate issues. Even if he is not paying child support, you are still court ordered to follow the visitation schedule. I know I know it isn't fair. Keep fighting the back child support. One day, it will work out.
GOOD LUCK

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">