• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I&E Declaration Served with no supporting docs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Smash2015

iI've been served a subpoena from my ex (case regarding modifying his payment of child support due to the loss of his job). I didn't get his tax returns for I&E declaration served with subpoena and he refuses to provide me with them. I also believe he lied on his I&E declaration regarding his assets and marital status (he married last year, and a new baby was born, his filing status showed as Single). The subpoena wasn't served formally, just a regular mail. The date of hearing is not convenient for me also, I will have to miss work. How do I request his tax return before hearing? Do I have to go to court without any evidence that he lied on his declaration? Do I have to go to court at all or request supporting docs and reschedule?

Proserpina

iI've been served a subpoena from my ex (case regarding modifying his payment of child support due to the loss of his job). I didn't get his tax returns for I&E declaration served with subpoena and he refuses to provide me with them. I also believe he lied on his I&E declaration regarding his assets and marital status (he married last year, and a new baby was born, his filing status showed as Single). The subpoena wasn't served formally, just a regular mail. The date of hearing is not convenient for me also, I will have to miss work. How do I request his tax return before hearing? Do I have to go to court without any evidence that he lied on his declaration? Do I have to go to court at all or request supporting docs and reschedule?

And your state would be where?

single317dad

If you need help with things like compelling the production of documents in the discovery process or changing a hearing date, perhaps your local Title IV-D/child support enforcement office will be able to help you. They may be less than enthusiastic because you already have an order and this is just your ex trying to get a mod, but it wouldn't hurt to fill out the forms and pay the small fee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">