• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Fathered a child over 20 years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymart

What is the name of your state? Washington

I was recently contacted by an old girlfriend informing me that I am the biological father of her 20 Year son. She has three other children with her boyfriend of many years (they never married, but lived together all these years with the four children).

Her "partner" doesn't know I am the biological father. She is convinced I am the father after seeing pictures of me recently. I am in a senior position in my industry and am periodically interviewed about industry trends.

This old girlfriend wants to let her (my) son know about me and wanted my reaction.

What are my legal obligations for a child I never knew about? am I obligated to pay retroactive child support?

I should note that the son and her mother live in California.

Thanks

Ray

live in WashingtonWhat is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">