• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have joint custody with custodial rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babbagene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
I have had custodial custody of my two children since 2009, at that time the divorce decree waived child support from my wife because she was getting appx. $900 per month via SSI. I am on SSDI with an income of $2100 per month. I now find out that my Ex-wife will be getting married to a working man, who also has a good amount of money in the bank. He does not have a fantastic job , but it is average. My question is with this change in monetary income for my wife will this enbale me to seek a re-evaluation and possibly enable me to get child support for my 8 year old and my 19 year old (still in college)?

Proserpina

I have had custodial custody of my two children since 2009, at that time the divorce decree waived child support from my wife because she was getting appx. $900 per month via SSI. I am on SSDI with an income of $2100 per month. I now find out that my Ex-wife will be getting married to a working man, who also has a good amount of money in the bank. He does not have a fantastic job , but it is average. My question is with this change in monetary income for my wife will this enbale me to seek a re-evaluation and possibly enable me to get child support for my 8 year old and my 19 year old (still in college)?

No. His income is irrelevant.

CSO286

No. Her HUSBAND'S income does not get factored in when determining what she has to contribute to the care and support of her (not her husband's) children with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">