• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I know shes making more money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetie84

What is the name of your state?WV
Ok, my husband and his ex went to court about 2 yrs ago to have joint custody and C.S established. Since then, about the past 4 months his ex has been working as a stripper and making plenty more money than she did at the time when they had child support established. She has been going to school to become a massage therapist and will be graduating and then making more money so she'll be making about the same as my husband.If he decides to request a modification will there be much of a change? Is there anyway he could avoid going back to court to do it?
My husband is about 4 months behind but tries to pay at least half every month, she claims that because he's behind that she doesn't have to let him see their son. Is this at all true. If she gives us a hard time when it's our weekend what do we do, bring the police into it? There was never any set day on the parenting plan in which we would receive his son,it said to be decided between parents. Can she just refuse to let us have him on X-mas?

sweetie84 said:
Ok, my husband and his ex went to court about 2 yrs ago to have joint custody and C.S established. Since then, about the past 4 months his ex has been working as a stripper and making plenty more money than she did at the time when they had child support established. She has been going to school to become a massage therapist and will be graduating and then making more money so she'll be making about the same as my husband.If he decides to request a modification will there be much of a change? Is there anyway he could avoid going back to court to do it?
My husband is about 4 months behind but tries to pay at least half every month, she claims that because he's behind that she doesn't have to let him see their son. Is this at all true. If she gives us a hard time when it's our weekend what do we do, bring the police into it? There was never any set day on the parenting plan in which we would receive his son,it said to be decided between parents. Can she just refuse to let us have him on X-mas?
If he makes so much money, why is he in arrears? Does he have court ordered visitation? If so what does it say? Child support and visitation are two seperate things you cannot deny visitation based soley on child support balances. We need more information about THEIR custody/visitation agreement.

LdiJ

sweetie84 said:
If your husband makes a good salary then why is he behind? The odds of getting child support reduced when you are in arrearages isn't good....and no you can't reduce child support without going to court.

You can't bring the police into it with the type of orders that your husband has. Since its "as agreed" she basically calls the shots if she doesn't agree.
Your husband's only recourse there would be to take it back to court to get a specific schedule ordered.

sweetie84

My husbandand his ex had a parenting plan set up in court and he is supposed to have his son every other weekend. One night she said that she didnt have to let him see their son becuse hes behind. I was wondering if our weekend comes and she tries to give us a hassle over it if we would then bring in the police?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The police often will not intervene - all they will do is take a report. Then it's up to Dad to file against her for contempt.

What does his order say about holidays? They override regular visitation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">