• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sundancer

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Georgia I am a mother of 3. My two youngest are 4 and 8. Their biological father has not been involved in their lives in 2 years at all. No contact No child support NOTHING! I need to find out if I should take him to court for abandonment? I feel like it may be better to leave it alone. My fiance says I should take him in front of a judge. I've tried to go through child support enforcement with no luck. No one can supposedly find him. His family knows where he is,they keep that a secret. He has within the past two years gotten married and had another child. He is also on felony probation. How can he not be found? And more importantly how can someone forget their children? His birthday and my middle son's birthday are only 6 days apart. That first fathers day he was not there for my son was hell. I had to explain that it was nothing my son had done at midnight to a sobbing tearful little boy. It is so not fair to these children!

MtnMoon

You may try finding him by contacting the Georgia Department of Motor Vehicles. Here is the website for the DMV: http://www.dmvs.ga.gov

Here is the website address for the form "Request for Motor Vehicle Record": http://www.dmvs.ga.gov/forms/pdf/dls/ds-18-sw.pdf

At the bottom of that form it asks you to state the purpose the record is being requested...and you would check off the box "Other Purpose." This form must be notarized.

You may also want to call the DMV just to make sure you fill out the form correctly and to make sure they won't black out any pertinent information about him...such as his current address.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">