• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help on what I should do.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbacall

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I'm five months pregnant and I wish to know how I can get child support once my child is born, but I don't want the father to have rights, due to I feel that my child will be not safe around him. I live in Las Vegas, NV. What are his rights if he does pay child support and what can I do about getting the revoked?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I'm five months pregnant and I wish to know how I can get child support once my child is born, but I don't want the father to have rights, due to I feel that my child will be not safe around him. I live in Las Vegas, NV. What are his rights if he does pay child support and what can I do about getting the revoked?

Not likely to happen.

If he establishes paternity and wants visitation, he'll get visitation.

Regardless of whether or not he pays child support.

Proserpina

What if I dont put him on the birth certif.

He can still establish paternity.

He can still get some sort of custody and visitation.

He can still file - himself - to establish a child support order.

Face it Mom - if you have this child, you're not going to be able to ignore Dad's existence if he wants to be Dad.

lbacall

uhm bc he has threaten me he is unstable he has a fiance who is really nuts & has threatened me and my child to die. His mother is abused him when he was young as well as he abuses his fiance all the time. He uses people & they are way to big of partyers now why would i want my daughter around that??

Proserpina

uhm bc he has threaten me he is unstable he has a fiance who is really nuts & has threatened me and my child to die.

What happened when you called the police to report the threats?

His mother is abused him when he was young as well as he abuses his fiance all the time. He uses people & they are way to big of partyers now why would i want my daughter around that??

You're not going to have that choice.

I know you don't want to hear that, but the reality is that you pretty much told the entire world that he is a fit parent.

The court will agree with your choice until proven otherwise - and hon, what you've said here doesn't even come close UNLESS you can prove that he's doing drugs AROUND your child and that the drug use endangers your child.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
uhm bc he has threaten me he is unstable he has a fiance who is really nuts & has threatened me and my child to die. His mother is abused him when he was young as well as he abuses his fiance all the time. He uses people & they are way to big of partyers now why would i want my daughter around that??
...but that was all just fine when you allowed him to impregnate you?

Proserpina

Well, there is one alternative which would guarantee that she never has to even acknowledge this man's existence.

She's not going to like the suggestion though, no matter how legally accurate it is.

(And it is)

lbacall

uhm yeah no!! If i wanted that I would of done that at the beginng. My daughter is my world of done had to have surgrey & now been put on bed rest. screw that. Im leaving this site since yall want to judge people. You dnt know what all he has done. I didnt come here to be judge I came here to get advice.

Proserpina

uhm yeah no!! If i wanted that I would of done that at the beginng. My daughter is my world of done had to have surgrey & now been put on bed rest. screw that. Im leaving this site since yall want to judge people. You dnt know what all he has done. I didnt come here to be judge I came here to get advice.

Look sweetheart, you slept with the dude. You didn't conceive all by yourself. The child has a father who, if he wants to, WILL be involved in her life whether you like it or not.

Next time? Adopt as a single parent.

You received legally accurate responses. Not my fault you didn't like 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">