• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some direction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetkisses210

What is the name of your state? AZ
OK here is the short version. I married my husband knew he had 4 children. We got together had 4 more while we were living here in Arizona and while we had our 4, and 3 of the other 4 living with us. My stepdaughters Mom decides she is pissed because her daughter came to live with us, and was living with us she decided to bring a child support case against him for the child living with us!!!!!!! He took off time to go to this case, and got his vacation pay. He called, and said I have to come along way for this I want to verify the date, and time. They said never mind case has been postponed, they will notify him of a new date by then with 7 children he was unable to get the time off. So we called, and asked if it could be rescheduled, or could we do a phone conference. They said they don't do that. So now she stood there, and lied, and said he made a huge income, and failed to mention to them child in question lived with us. They slammed him with 24,000 back child support and 155.00 a month on going we now have a total of 42,000 owed because interest and we can not find anyone to help us i filed for legal aide in AZ can't help it's a TX case filed in TX they can't help we live in AZ what the heck do we do i feel this case was wrong because the child in question was living with us and continued to live with us 5 years after the court ordered this what can we do there was no preexisting court order>And I did not know we could have appealed it within a certain date till now stupid us. But what can we do????? This same woman was collecting SSI on this same daughter for a whole first year she lived with us i called and turned her in and told the to me that was fraud.

Gracie3787

sweetkisses210 said:
What is the name of your state? AZ
OK here is the short version. I married my husband knew he had 4 children. We got together had 4 more while we were living here in Arizona and while we had our 4, and 3 of the other 4 living with us. My stepdaughters Mom decides she is pissed because her daughter came to live with us, and was living with us she decided to bring a child support case against him for the child living with us!!!!!!! He took off time to go to this case, and got his vacation pay. He called, and said I have to come along way for this I want to verify the date, and time. They said never mind case has been postponed, they will notify him of a new date by then with 7 children he was unable to get the time off. So we called, and asked if it could be rescheduled, or could we do a phone conference. They said they don't do that. So now she stood there, and lied, and said he made a huge income, and failed to mention to them child in question lived with us. They slammed him with 24,000 back child support and 155.00 a month on going we now have a total of 42,000 owed because interest and we can not find anyone to help us i filed for legal aide in AZ can't help it's a TX case filed in TX they can't help we live in AZ what the heck do we do i feel this case was wrong because the child in question was living with us and continued to live with us 5 years after the court ordered this what can we do there was no preexisting court order>And I did not know we could have appealed it within a certain date till now stupid us. But what can we do????? This same woman was collecting SSI on this same daughter for a whole first year she lived with us i called and turned her in and told the to me that was fraud.
I know that I will get slammed for my advice, but sometimes in life the "wrong" thing to do may be the only way to make things right.

Believe it or not, my advice is that he not pay the ordered amount. While he isn't paying he should be getting all documentation in order to prove that his daughter has been living with him, "mom" collected SSI, all the ways he's tried to get help, etc.
Either "mom" or CSE will file for contempt, there will be a hearing where your husband can present all of his evidence, and IF what you say is true, not only will your husband NOT be found in contempt, the Judge will be able to make this crazy situation right.
However, to be on the safe side, PUT ALL UNMADE PAYMENTS INTO SAVINGS ACCOUNT. just in case he gets another biased stupid judge.

To other posters:
If you have anything that will work better than my suggestion, please tell OP, and THEN let me have it for my advice. BTW- I am not an advocate of anyone refusing to obey a CO, however, I am an advocate of doing so ONLY in EXTREME cases like this one where there isn't anywhere for OP to get help, AND NO KIDS SUFFER BECAUSE OF NO CS.
Gracie

Last edited:

Gracie3787

To OP:
Sorry, I forgot to add that if he was under CO to pay support to her already, my advice is amended, he should pay the PREVIOUS CO'd amount, and not pay the additional amount. That way he cannot be found in contempt on previous order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">