• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i really need some HELP.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilstephy872

ok first let me say my story.
I'm a 19 year old college student- from arkansas who is currently 5 monthes pregnant.
Since the moment I told the father of my child that I was pregnant it has been nothing but a battle. First, with him begging me to get an abortion. Then after I wouldn't he decided that the child must not be his-and preceding to tell everyone in our small town that I was trying to pin a child on him that was not his.He has also told me that if it really is his child he will get a lawyer so he can sign over his parental rights-so he won't ever have to pay a dime. He has also dated a number of girls-seriously- since I've been pregnant.
We have spoken maybe 4 times since Febuary, and each time I have been very polite and tried to get him to really make up his mind about where he stands on the situation. So far I have paid for all the docter's expenses-and plan that I will be paying for them all.
Ok-now I need to know a few things. Is it truely possible for him to be able to sign over his rights right after my child is born? Once the child is born, and a DNA proves him to be a the father, will I be able to MAKE him pay for at least half of the docter's expenses?
I'm just lost and need to know what I need to do-and what excatly I am capable of doing. All I know is I don't believe it is fair at all that he will be able to get out of all of this.

Last edited:

NotSoNew

can he sign over his rights? no.

will you be able to make him pay 1/2 of your drs expenses, if DNA proves he is the father its possible for a court to order this but not gauranteed.

he wont be able to get out of it, he will have to pay child support and if he files for it he will get visiation.

be prepared for at least 18 more years of this. its only the beginning.

C

CALIF-LAWPRO45

NotSoNew said:
can he sign over his rights? no.

will you be able to make him pay 1/2 of your drs expenses, if DNA proves he is the father its possible for a court to order this but not gauranteed.

he wont be able to get out of it, he will have to pay child support and if he files for it he will get visiation.

be prepared for at least 18 more years of this. its only the beginning.

My response:

How do you know this? How do you know ANY of this?

Do you, somehow, know the laws in her State? (that's a trick question)

IAAL

C

CALIF-LAWPRO45

lilstephy872 said:
I'm a 19 year old college student who is currently 5 monthes pregnant.
Since the moment I told the father of my child that I was pregnant it has been nothing but a battle. First, with him begging me to get an abortion. Then after I wouldn't he decided that the child must not be his-and preceding to tell everyone in our small town that I was trying to pin a child on him that was not his.He has also told me that if it really is his child he will get a lawyer so he can sign over his parental rights-so he won't ever have to pay a dime. He has also dated a number of girls-seriously- since I've been pregnant.
We have spoken maybe 4 times since Febuary, and each time I have been very polite and tried to get him to really make up his mind about where he stands on the situation. So far I have paid for all the docter's expenses-and plan that I will be paying for them all.
Ok-now I need to know a few things. Is it truely possible for him to be able to sign over his rights right after my child is born? Once the child is born, and a DNA proves him to be a the father, will I be able to MAKE him pay for at least half of the docter's expenses?
I'm just lost and need to know what I need to do-and what excatly I am capable of doing. All I know is I don't believe it is fair at all that he will be able to get out of all of this.
US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE​

CandiceH

CALIF-LAWPRO45 said:
My response:

How do you know this? How do you know ANY of this?

Do you, somehow, know the laws in her State? (that's a trick question)

IAAL
Nope, she could be in a state that has child support until the age of 19, 21, etc. Not so tricky of a question....or she could be in one your favorite states! :D

ezmarelda

CandiceH said:
Nope, she could be in a state that has child support until the age of 19, 21, etc. Not so tricky of a question....or she could be in one your favorite states! :D
do tell Candice...what state is OP in?????????;)

AHA

lilstephy872 said:
I'm a 19 year old college student who is currently 5 monthes pregnant.
No one is going to help you unless you tell us what state you live in.

C

CALIF-LAWPRO45

lilstephy872 said:
i'm from arkansas

My response:

Well, that just god damn figures. Another Dufus State, and a post written by Dufus lilstephy872 where she purposefully deletes the "What is your State name" question.

Do you see all the delay you've caused, lilstephy872? Good luck getting help.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">