• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL-Home schooling and proof of graduation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VeronicaGia

What is the name of your state? CA

IAAL, if the CP is home schooling a high school aged child, how does the NCP prove the child has graduated? Does the state of CA have any type of diploma for a student who has graduated through home school? When emancipation time comes, does the burden of proof lie on the CP or the NCP?

Also, in what area of CA code can I find this information?

Thank you :)

nextwife

Great question! Who's to say the home-schooling CP might not "withold" the HS graduation until the end of "summer school", when in fact the child has completed their course of study before that? OR maybe kept ONE class unfinished deliberately to keep from "graduating until summer's end, instead of winter or spring. Just curious, as I graduated HS in 3 1/2 years.

Last edited:

VeronicaGia

nextwife said:
Great question! Who's to say the home-schooling CP might not "withold" the HS graduation until the end of "summer school", when in fact the child has completed their course of study before that? OR maybe kept ONE class unfinished deliberately to keep from "graduating until summer's end, instead of winter or spring. Just curious, as I graduated HS in 3 1/2 years.
Or until the child reaches age 19, even if he/she would have graduated before age 18 or at 18-1/2.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">