• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If DCSS closes case will all the arrears be cleared?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I was told if child support services closes the case do to them not being able to get a valid postal address to serve him on "NON PAYMENT", they said after 3 years they will CLOSE the case and the 16K of arrears we will be GONE. I understand if its closed they cant intercept employment checks, tax returns, etc, if the case is closed, but will the arrears really be GONE? Will get be able to get his drivers license back too? He is just hiding from them. I see him every other week. He is living in some motorhome working under the table. They said I can't serve him, they have to do it and the will not because they can't get a vaild post address.

regarding me seeing him every other week......he picks up our disabled son who is 20 for a few hours every other saturday.

Isis1

the child support agency is an enforcement office. who told you the arrears would disappear?

is there an valid court order now? where did it originate? with the support office? or with family court?

I asked if the cased closed via interent system "customer connect" in California if interest will still be added to the arrears if they close the case due to "no locate". They said the in a reply that if the case closes the arrears would be cleared. The basic court order is over due to my kids being over the age of 18, but the 16K is arrears. Child support services and family court was involved in the main court order.
the child support agency is an enforcement office. who told you the arrears would disappear? Below is the actual reply from my email to the child support services web site. I understand if it closes they dont garnish, search, etc. So then he can get a job the day it closes and all the past support he owed is GONE?

"If our case is closed, all the arrears will be cleared out upon closing. Thank you."

is there an valid court order now? where did it originate? with the support office? or with family court?

I asked if the cased closed via interent system "customer connect" in California if interest will still be added to the arrears if they close the case due to "no locate". They said the in a reply that if the case closes the arrears would be cleared. The basic court order is over due to my kids being over the age of 18, but the 16K is arrears. Child support services and family court was involved in the main court order.

Below is the actual reply from my email to the child support services web site. I understand if it closes they dont garnish, search, etc. So then he can get a job the day it closes and all the past support he owed is GONE?

"If our case is closed, all the arrears will be cleared out upon closing. Thank you."

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Below is the actual reply from my email to the child support services web site. I understand if it closes they dont garnish, search, etc. So then he can get a job the day it closes and all the past support he owed is GONE?

File a suit in court NOW and pursue the arrears on your own. Have him served when he comes to pick up your 20 year old.

Talked to DCSS. The arrears will be cleared if the cases closes but I can do a civil suit FOREVER. Even if I do that, I don't see how they would collect if it is always hiding and working under the table. I this child support servies and a judge might enforce "JAIL" time, so they have to find him. I dont think "jail time" would even happen if I win a civil suit. I have a good 18 months before child support services will close the case and about 130$ a month is being added due to interest. I was also told if I have him served and he does not show up, that will turn into a bench warrant. DSCC told me to do a civil suit BEFORE their cases closes, it will be in my best interest. I just want that money for future issues with my disabled son. We fly to Stanford medical center twice a year for follow up appointments, due to his past brain surgeries. ITs 7 hrs. away and he cant tolerate that much car time. That trip is about 1500$ even staying for free at the Ronald McDonald house. That arrears will sure help us out. Little does my ex know**************....but I can actually do a motion for PERMANENT child support due to my son being serverly disabled, but I just want the arrears and i'll be happy.

File a suit in court NOW and pursue the arrears on your own. Have him served when he comes to pick up your 20 year old.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">