• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If husband voluntarily leaves his job for a lower paying one, will CS get lowered?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eerelations

A mature person answering a simple question never would have said them to begin with! If you were an actual lawyer (which I assume some of you are on here) and I was your client and I asked you "So will his child support be lowered or stay the same?" would you respond with what was said in these posts? "You're still married to this loser?" Some women like the idea of warm danglies in their handbag." "When is the Dad gonna remove his balls from your purse?" I HIGHLY doubt it! You would give me the facts without the sarcasm.
You just can't stop hanging yourself...:cool:

Proserpina

A gentle hint:

If he's trying to scam his ex, don't think for a split second that you won't be treated the same way.

I'd be careful, if I were you.

Mapper

A gentle hint:

If he's trying to scam his ex, don't think for a split second that you won't be treated the same way.

I'd be careful, if I were you.
No he honestly does not like his job. He went to school to be a motorcycle mechanic and misses that. He says he'd have a lot less stress doing that even though the pay is less.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No he honestly does not like his job. He went to school to be a motorcycle mechanic and misses that. He says he'd have a lot less stress doing that even though the pay is less.
So he's fine screwing over his kids? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Proserpina

Stress? How on earth do you think he's going to feel when the court refuses to modify?

Does he really value his teeny weeny stress levels more than his child?

And you still think this guy's a good bet?!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Bottom line:

If he is happier in a lower paying job, then more power to him. It will not affect his CS. His children's expenses do not become lower because he chooses to change jobs.

Mapper

Stress? How on earth do you think he's going to feel when the court refuses to modify?

Does he really value his teeny weeny stress levels more than his child?

And you still think this guy's a good bet?!
This question has nothing to do with his character or what he does or doesn't want. I don't know how he will respond. I was asking the question to get the facts and we can move on from there. We simply didn't know if it would be reduced or not.

Last edited:

Mapper

Bottom line:

If he is happier in a lower paying job, then more power to him. It will not affect his CS. His children's expenses do not become lower because he chooses to change jobs.
Thank you for your to-the-point reply. It is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">