• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If husband voluntarily leaves his job for a lower paying one, will CS get lowered?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapper

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

My husband is very unhappy at his current job and wants to take a 6 month-1 year break from it. He can be rehired there at any time within 5 years of this leave of absence. He wants to go work for a guy he knows working on motorcycles. He is currently making about $37/hr and paying $270 every two weeks for CS. This new job would probably pay about $18-20/hr. With him voluntarily leaving this job will it be easy to get his CS lowered or will they say that he purposely did this to lower it and still make him pay the same amount? His daughter just turned 17 so he only has 1 year left on CS anyways.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

My husband is very unhappy at his current job and wants to take a 6 month-1 year break from it. He can be rehired there at any time within 5 years of this leave of absence. He wants to go work for a guy he knows working on motorcycles. He is currently making about $37/hr and paying $270 every two weeks for CS. This new job would probably pay about $18-20/hr. With him voluntarily leaving this job will it be easy to get his CS lowered or will they say that he purposely did this to lower it and still make him pay the same amount? His daughter just turned 17 so he only has 1 year left on CS anyways.
The court is not likely to lower CS because Dad decides to become underemployed. :cool:

Just Blue

When is the Dad gonna remove his balls from your purse?:rolleyes:

Thread History;)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So. Two years down the road and you are still doing your husband's work for him. If he goes through with his plan, HE should expect his CS to remain the same and YOU should expect to pay the differential when he can't afford to. And don't expect him to thank you for it.

You're still married to this loser.... why?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
So. Two years down the road and you are still doing your husband's work for him. If he goes through with his plan, HE should expect his CS to remain the same and YOU should expect to pay the differential when he can't afford to. And don't expect him to thank you for it.

You're still married to this loser.... why?
Some women like the idea of warm danglies in their handbags. :cool:

Mapper

Aw shucks! Everyone here is SO sweet! Thanks for your words of encouragement:D I have taken them to heart :) I was asking a simple question apart from anything else I've written here, yet everyone had to turn it into what my previous posts were about. The vultures are coming, the vultures are coming! Take cover :)

Last edited:

eerelations

How childish of you.

Previous posts are the best way of knowing how an OP thinks, and thus the best way of deciding how to respond to an OP. It's just like asking for a raise - your boss can't decide whether or not to give you one, or even how big it should be, without looking at your past work performance. Do you seriously think your boss shouldn't take your past work performance into account when determining whether or not you should get a raise? Probably not, and for the same reasons that responders here shouldn't ignore OPs' previous posts when they decide what to respond.

Mapper

How childish of you.

Previous posts are the best way of knowing how an OP thinks, and thus the best way of deciding how to respond to an OP. It's just like asking for a raise - your boss can't decide whether or not to give you one, or even how big it should be, without looking at your past work performance. Do you seriously think your boss shouldn't take your past work performance into account when determining whether or not you should get a raise? Probably not, and for the same reasons that responders here shouldn't ignore OPs' previous posts when they decide what to respond.
How childish of me??? Yeah because the above comment "Some women like the idea of warm danglies in their handbags." ISN'T childish and HELPS answer my question??? They shouldn't have to see my history to be able to respond to a simple question! I should be able to come on here with a clean slate and get a unbiased response rather than another poster saying "Psst...hey check out her other posts. Geez this woman is a moron for sticking with her moronic husband". Every response is then going to be linked to previous posts about a separate subject and pretty soon it's just everyone making snide comments about how idiotic I am and how my husband is an ass and not responding to my question. If I came here under a new name nobody would have known anything about the past.

eerelations

How childish of me??? Yeah because the above comment "Some women like the idea of warm danglies in their handbags." ISN'T childish and HELPS answer my question??? They shouldn't have to see my history to be able to respond to a simple question! I should be able to come on here with a clean slate and get a unbiased response rather than another poster saying "Psst...hey check out her other posts. Geez this woman is a moron for sticking with her moronic husband". Every response is then going to be linked to previous posts about a separate subject and pretty soon it's just everyone making snide comments about how idiotic I am and how my husband is an ass and not responding to my question. If I came here under a new name nobody would have known anything about the past.
I rest my case. :rolleyes:

Ladyback1

really?

Past behaviors/actions, often have long-standing consequences.
None of us here like to work/offer advice in a vacuum! One has to look at the total picture, not just a tiny section, in order to provide accurate advice.
(you did get your question answered by the way...and could have just thanked the ones who provided an answer, instead of engaging in snappy comments and sarcasm).

Mapper

really?

Past behaviors/actions, often have long-standing consequences.
None of us here like to work/offer advice in a vacuum! One has to look at the total picture, not just a tiny section, in order to provide accurate advice.
(you did get your question answered by the way...and could have just thanked the ones who provided an answer, instead of engaging in snappy comments and sarcasm).
And NOBODY else on here gives sarcastic answers?? C'mon! I see the same people on here come out swinging at others who pose a question. I simply asked if his child support would stay the same or go down. Why do you have to know the past to answer a simple legal question? He's a moron, I'm a moron, whatever, it doesn't matter if we are both morons. Yes it will go down or no it won't go down is all I needed to know. And yes I did get it answered so thank you, however that person soon followed it up with a lovely sarcastic response which was followed up by several other sarcastic responses that had nothing to do with my question.

Last edited:

eerelations

And NOBODY else on here gives sarcastic answers?? C'mon! I see the same people on here come out swinging at others who pose a question. I simply asked if his child support would stay the same or go down. Why do you have to know the past to answer a simple legal question? He's a moron, I'm a moron, whatever, it doesn't matter if we are both morons. Yes it will go down or no it won't go down is all I needed to know. And yes I did get it answered so thank you, however that person soon followed it up with a lovely sarcastic response which was followed up by several other sarcastic responses that had nothing to do with my question.
Wow, you just keep making yourself look worse and worse!

So what if people keep making sarcastic comments? A mature person would have ignored them...however, you seem to be completely unable to control yourself, what does that make you?

Mapper

Wow, you just keep making yourself look worse and worse!

So what if people keep making sarcastic comments? A mature person would have ignored them...however, you seem to be completely unable to control yourself, what does that make you?
A mature person answering a simple question never would have said them to begin with! If you were an actual lawyer (which I assume some of you are on here) and I was your client and I asked you "So will his child support be lowered or stay the same?" would you respond with what was said in these posts? "You're still married to this loser?" Some women like the idea of warm danglies in their handbag." "When is the Dad gonna remove his balls from your purse?" I HIGHLY doubt it! You would give me the facts without the sarcasm.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A mature person answering a simple question never would have said them to begin with! If you were an actual lawyer (which I assume some of you are on here) and I was your client and I asked you "So will his child support be lowered or stay the same?" would you respond with what was said in these posts? "You're still married to this loser?" Some women like the idea of warm danglies in their handbag." "When is the Dad gonna remove his balls from your purse?" I HIGHLY doubt it! You would give me the facts without the sarcasm.
If you want the answers an attorney would give, go pay an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">