• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If my son graduates early from high school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HD515

What is the name of your state? Illinois

If my son graduates early from high school and is 18 years old can child support be terminated at the time? Basically he would graduate in January instead of May. I plan on assisting him for college of course but would like to stop paying the ex as soon as legally possible.

JETX

HD515 said:
If my son graduates early from high school and is 18 years old can child support be terminated at the time? Basically he would graduate in January instead of May. I plan on assisting him for college of course but would like to stop paying the ex as soon as legally possible.
It depends ENTIRELY on the exact wording of the support order.... some say to the age of XX, some say while enrolled in a pri**** school... some say either, some say both....
YOU need to read and understand what YOUR order says.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">