• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ignoring Court ordered DNA tests

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dportorreal

What will happen if my sons sperm donor has ignored/ not shown up to a DNA test?

The Judge ordered two paternity tests and he has not gone to any of them to prove whether or not he is the father. I want to get this over with already since i've been going to court for a year with no positive results.

I have court on Sept. 29th.

What will or could probably happen at this hearing?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Silverplum

What will happen if my sons sperm donor has ignored/ not shown up to a DNA test?

The Judge ordered two paternity tests and he has not gone to any of them to prove whether or not he is the father. I want to get this over with already since i've been going to court for a year with no positive results.

What will or could probably happen at this hearing?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I find the use of the bolded term extremely distasteful.

Proserpina

Wow, you're really going to be fun to coparent with aren't you?

Okay, at the hearing simply request that a default judgment is entered declaring him to be the father.

The Judge may or may not grant your request.

dportorreal

I find the use of the bolded term extremely distasteful.
it may be distasteful but it is also distasteful when he left me at 2 months pregnant and hasnt been around since, nor has helped me, not even with one penny.

So to me he is a SPERM DONOR. THATS ALL.

thank you for your post btw.:)

Last edited:

dportorreal

Wow, you're really going to be fun to coparent with aren't you?

Okay, at the hearing simply request that a default judgment is entered declaring him to be the father.

The Judge may or may not grant your request.

Thank you. I will request it and see if she is kind enough to allow it. :D

Silverplum

it may be distasteful but it is also distasteful when he left me at 2 onths pregnant and hasnt been around since nor has helped me not even with one penny.

So to me he is a SPERM DONOR. THATS ALL.
You have a distorted view of what his "obligations" are to you.

dportorreal said:
thank you for your post btw.:)
Sure.

I'm positive it was extra-nice for you that I didn't assign you the name that is the female equivalent of "sperm donor." ;)

dportorreal

You have a distorted view of what his "obligations" are to you.

Sure.

I'm positive it was extra-nice for you that I didn't assign you the name that is the female equivalent of "sperm donor." ;)
Actually- he has no obligations TO ME. He has them to the child he created with me.

BTW, I'm not his sperm donor nor the equivalent, i am his mother and his parent.:cool:

Proserpina

Are we going to hear tales of how horrid he is, multiple convictions, drug use/abuse/alcoholism, and how he shouldn't have joint custody and visitation?

Because if he's going to be paying child support, he's likely going to want access to his child.

And he'll get it. You best get used to that idea, and you best start growing up and doing what's right for your child. That is, by the way, not dissing his other parent.

Silverplum

Actually- he has no obligations TO ME.
Correct.

So why would he give you anything during pregnancy, as you complained?

dportorreal said:
He has them to the child he created with me.
This is a legal board.

Legally, his obligations to the child occur when he is court ordered to pay support.

dportorreal said:
BTW, I'm not his sperm donor nor the equivalent, i am his mother and his parent.:cool:
*shrug*
Whatever you say, Receptacle.

;)

dportorreal

Are we going to hear tales of how horrid he is, multiple convictions, drug use/abuse/alcoholism, and how he shouldn't have joint custody and visitation?

Because if he's going to be paying child support, he's likely going to want access to his child.

And he'll get it. You best get used to that idea, and you best start growing up and doing what's right for your child. That is, by the way, not dissing his other parent.
No i dont need to put out any stories. I am simply asking a question that maybe some people here have an approximate answer to because maybe they've been through the same thing.

He may want access to the child but i doubt he can afford it. I live in NYC and he lives in Rochester apprx 7-8 hours away.

Even then it may be granted under supervised visitation.

I am not worried about that right now since he shows absolutely no interest in my son.

Dissing the other parent? Im not DISSING him. He is solely a contributor to his creation. He doesnt call, doesnt visit, doesnt text. NOTHING. I am very grown up. I take care of my son and provide him with absolutely everything he needs and desires.

If i wasnt doing what was right for my son and if i wasnt "grown up". There wouldnt be a child support petition in place. You know nothing about me to sit here and tell me to grow up. Wow i called him a sperm donor. BIG DEAL.

He's the one that needs to grow up and take care of his responsibility.

Silverplum

Okey-dokey, then.

No i dont need to put out any stories. I am simply asking a question that maybe some people here have an approximate answer to because maybe they've been through the same thing.

He may want access to the child but i doubt he can afford it. I live in NYC and he lives in Rochester apprx 7-8 hours away.

I am not worried about that right now since he shows absolutely no interest in my son.

Dissing the other parent? Im not DISSING him. He is solely a contributor to his creation. He doesnt call, doesnt visit, doesnt text. NOTHING. I am very grown up. I take care of my son and provide him with absolutely everything he needs and desires.

If i wasnt doing what was right for my son and if i wasnt "grown up". There wouldnt be a child support petition in place. You know nothing about me to sit here and tell me to grow up. Wow i called him a sperm donor. BIG DEAL.

:rolleyes:

Proserpina

Doubt it. He'd get unsupervised after a short introductory period. You may also be ordered to pay some transportation costs. And eventually kiddo would be going to visit Dad in Dad's community.

Okey dokey. :)

dportorreal

Correct.

So why would he give you anything during pregnancy, as you complained?

This is a legal board.

Legally, his obligations to the child occur when he is court ordered to pay support.

*shrug*
Whatever you say, Receptacle.

;)

Wow you really are as childish as i originally thought.

I never complained about giving me money DURING MY PREGNANCY. I said he left... obviously my child has been born and i said he hasnt given me anything for his care. learn to understand what you read. He does have an obligation by law because although the order is not in place as of yet it will be in default.

Grow up.

I guess i was wrong when i thought coming here was supposed to help people get a little better informed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">