• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm getting married

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stpmom2b

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I'm getting married next year and my fiance pays child support for the child he and his ex-girlfriend have. Will my income be included with his to determine his payments? What of our assets would she be able to include to increase his payments? :confused:

stpmom2b said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I'm getting married next year and my fiance pays child support for the child he and his ex-girlfriend have. Will my income be included with his to determine his payments? What of our assets would she be able to include to increase his payments? :confused:
Your income will not be included in the child support calculation. Is he current on child support?........If not they can attach assets that are in both or just his name (basically if his name is on it they can put a lein on it) you may have to bail him out of jail if he gets too far behind, but that would be your choice to bail him out or not :D Illinois does not take kindly to people that are not current on child support. a person I know was a deadbeat and went to jail for a year until someone finally bailed him out to the tune of 5000.00 (plus he owes about 10,000 more to the tune of 9% interest a year). If your boyfriend is current you shouldn't have a problem. You did not create his other child(ren) so you are not responsible.

Critterperson

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">