• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Im requesting information for my child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lildevil34

What is the name of your state? MO

Hello,

Im going to try to make this as short as possible. My son who is 21 is paying child support on a child he thought was his and was told that it was his. Until recently he has been told from the mother that its not his also reading some of her blogs naming another father. He signed the Affidavit of Parentage shortly after birth assuming the child was his. He (my son) is living in Missouri with me. But this all took place in Michigan. Upon contacting a few lawyers here they all told him he needs to go back to michigan to handle this. He can not afford a lawyer and is becoming very depressed because he feels he cant get it taken care of. He is behind in support right now. We know he can contact legal aid in Michigan but my question is: Does anyone know of a Legal Aid or Pro-bono lawyer that will take his case and do most of this over the phone?? :( :( He is working 2 jobs here in Missouri and really dont want to quit his job to go back to Michigan and wait for the case to be settled.. That could take months. We dont seem to get the answers we need and just want to get this rolling so he may get on with his life. We found out also that the mother is going to jail for a year for stagitory rape because shes pregnant again and the father is a minor. With her in jail, Wheres my sons support going to???? :confused: Im sure the baby is with her mother but I know her mom would probably forge a sign. on the checks... Does my son need to inform FOC about this or now?? Thanks and hopefully i can get answers ...

Shelley

AHA

lildevil34 said:
With her in jail, Wheres my sons support going to????
According to you, he isn't paying the cs, so he's got no reason to worry about that.

lildevil34

hanks for your reply but he is paying support.. he just got behind because he moved here to missouri from michigan and didnt have a job right away.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If the bio-mom is in jail, then your son should file for custody of the child. But, yes, he'll have to do it in Michigan.
Your son helped create this child...he can't just "move on". If he didn't help create this child, then he needs to deal with it...again, can't just ignore it hoping it will go away.

And, one other thing. You have gotten answers. It's not a matter of not getting answers you need, it's a matter of getting answers you want.

lildevil34

He wants to take this child if its his ..Hes always been apart of this child .. thinking it was his. He can still move on if he takes custody.. he just does it with the child. As far as answers i want .. or answers I need, Im not getting the answers I need. He has no clue where to start off at. He has asked several attorneys but all say they cant help him he needs to contact Michigan. He knows he needs an attorney but he cant afford and attorney and is wondering if its just a waste for him to take paternity tests for this child if the judge is still going to tell him he has to pay even if hes not the father. Hes called Legal aid in Michigan and is not getting any call back. So NO, hes not getting the answers he needs. Theres no certain answer he wants to hear except what he needs to do. Either way he will be happy.

lildevil34

Ummm not sure who Kelly is but ok .. I thought this was a place to ask for help. Obviously thats what Im doing. If I cant ask questions or get answers then I must be at the wrong forum. Seems like you need to make sure someone is who they actually are by asking instead of jumping to conclusions on who you "Think" they are. There are actual people here who are needing help and I am one of them. So if you think Im Kelly and think you need to report me go ahead. But I dont think I would have taken the time to even sign up for this account it I was supposably wanting to create problems. I have better things to do with my life and time then to deal with this. Im just trying to get answers for my son but obviously im getting responses from people that arent any help at all. And thats not towards everyone thats responded. Just the one making accusations:rolleyes:

lildevil34 said:
Ummm not sure who Kelly is but ok .. I thought this was a place to ask for help. Obviously thats what Im doing. If I cant ask questions or get answers then I must be at the wrong forum. Seems like you need to make sure someone is who they actually are by asking instead of jumping to conclusions on who you "Think" they are. There are actual people here who are needing help and I am one of them. So if you think Im Kelly and think you need to report me go ahead. But I dont think I would have taken the time to even sign up for this account it I was supposably wanting to create problems. I have better things to do with my life and time then to deal with this. Im just trying to get answers for my son but obviously im getting responses from people that arent any help at all. And thats not towards everyone thats responded. Just the one making accusations:rolleyes:
Kelly is a "troll" who tends to post bogus questions such as yours.

Forgive us if we are skepical.

You are in the right place to get answers.

Please list your questions. (And your run-on paragraphs do not help anyone<FYI>)

lildevil34

Excuse me for being alittle lost but, how are my questions bogus? :mad: Just forget I was ever here. I will close out my account as I see that certain people have problems with helping others. Good luck with the site.

weenor

lildevil34 said:
What is the name of your state? MO

Hello,

Im going to try to make this as short as possible. My son who is 21 is paying child support on a child he thought was his and was told that it was his. Until recently he has been told from the mother that its not his also reading some of her blogs naming another father. He signed the Affidavit of Parentage shortly after birth assuming the child was his. He (my son) is living in Missouri with me. But this all took place in Michigan. Upon contacting a few lawyers here they all told him he needs to go back to michigan to handle this. He can not afford a lawyer and is becoming very depressed because he feels he cant get it taken care of. He is behind in support right now. We know he can contact legal aid in Michigan but my question is: Does anyone know of a Legal Aid or Pro-bono lawyer that will take his case and do most of this over the phone??

Probably not. With budget cuts many legal aid departments no longer handle domestic relations. But even if they still these cases the waiting lists are very long.

:( :( He is working 2 jobs here in Missouri and really dont want to quit his job to go back to Michigan and wait for the case to be settled.. That could take months.

Probably more like a year or so.

We dont seem to get the answers we need and just want to get this rolling so he may get on with his life. We found out also that the mother is going to jail for a year for stagitory rape because shes pregnant again and the father is a minor.

Then your son needs to straighten this out- find out if he's the father and get the child.

With her in jail, Wheres my sons support going to???? :confused:

To whoever has been designated as the legal guardian.

Im sure the baby is with her mother but I know her mom would probably forge a sign. on the checks... Does my son need to inform FOC about this or now?? Thanks and hopefully i can get answers ...

Shelley
All of this needs to be reported to the FOC and ask him/her what needs to be done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">