• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Imputation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dsepic22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA. My ex and her attorney said they would be willing to impute minimum wage on her since she is voluntarily not working. However, they said they would also impute child care cost since she would have to have child care if she had to work. Will a judge impute child care costs?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA. My ex and her attorney said they would be willing to impute minimum wage on her since she is voluntarily not working. However, they said they would also impute child care cost since she would have to have child care if she had to work. Will a judge impute child care costs?
I have seen some judges impute child care costs when imputing a wages to someone. I do happen to think that is fair, because its true that most people, if working, would have child care costs even if it was only after school care, holiday and summer care.

nextwife

I have seen some judges impute child care costs when imputing a wages to someone. I do happen to think that is fair, because its true that most people, if working, would have child care costs even if it was only after school care, holiday and summer care.
Depends on the age of the child. I have not had after school costs or holiday costs for at least the last two or three years. And summer is only every other week.

LdiJ

Depends on the age of the child. I have not had after school costs or holiday costs for at least the last two or three years. And summer is only every other week.
Mom's attorney wouldn't be bringing up child care if the child was too old for child care.

Gracie3787

Typically, yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">