• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Imputing Income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lovingdad1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

We went to change custody which I am now the custodial parent. At the time they modified the child support. My ex has a child that will be 3 in August. I had documentation and evidence that income should be imputed based on her potential earnings. I have W'2s and paystubs along with interrogatories that she answered. I want to file an appeal because I feel that just because she is voluntarily unemployed to stay at home with her new child that her income should be imputed. Judge failed to listen to this. Is it possible to impute her income based on earning potential through an appeals? It's not my fault that she choose to have another child.

Thanks in advance

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

We went to change custody which I am now the custodial parent. At the time they modified the child support. My ex has a child that will be 3 in August. I had documentation and evidence that income should be imputed based on her potential earnings. I have W'2s and paystubs along with interrogatories that she answered. I want to file an appeal because I feel that just because she is voluntarily unemployed to stay at home with her new child that her income should be imputed. Judge failed to listen to this. Is it possible to impute her income based on earning potential through an appeals? It's not my fault that she choose to have another child.

Thanks in advance
Some states allow a parent with a child in tender years to not work. What is the error of law? What does caselaw state regarding this situation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">