• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

income?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dgingrich

What is the name of your state? PA I have full custody of our son. Ex chooses not to see son (since 2003) Pays support. He now wants support lowered. I know DR goes on previous years' income. Was just wondering, he was given a $10,000.00 cash "gift" from a relative last year. Can this be considered as part of his income? Relative is willing to give a notarized statement stating such. My income has gone down since original CS order. His has stayed the same.

VeronicaGia

dgingrich said:
What is the name of your state? PA I have full custody of our son. Ex chooses not to see son (since 2003) Pays support. He now wants support lowered. I know DR goes on previous years' income. Was just wondering, he was given a $10,000.00 cash "gift" from a relative last year. Can this be considered as part of his income? Relative is willing to give a notarized statement stating such. My income has gone down since original CS order. His has stayed the same.
Doubtful. This is not income, he will not have that same amount year after year. And is you are working less/making less, he can ask the judge to impute income to you based on what you were making prior to your loss of income.

LdiJ

dgingrich said:
If his income has remained the same and yours has gone down, then he isn't going to get a reduction. He might get an increase, or it might stay the same, but its not going to go down. The cash gift probably is irrelevant.

xrevvyx

dgingrich said:
My income has gone down since original CS order. His has stayed the same.
I doubt he can get it lowered if his income has stayed the same.. are you sure it's not YOU wanting it increased since you're making less ?

dgingrich

ummmm, now where does it say in my original post that I wanted an increase? Believe me when I say that he hasn't been in the picture since 2003 and it's been very peaceful for me. Unfortunately it also means that he hasn't been there for my son either. I am perfectley happy with the amount that I am getting, and know that I am one of the fortunate ones that gets it on a regular basis. Contrary to popular belief, not all CP's are money-grubber's. I was just served w/papers from DR because dad wants a decrease, not the other way around. But if he wants to drag me back into court again for the 6th time in 3 years because he doesn't want to pay support than I was just wanting all my ducks in a row. He is a master of manipulation and a bald-face liar (Will lie when the truth will do). Was even told as much by the judge at our last hearing. Never having to deal w/that man again would be a pleasure for me, but because we have a child together that's not going to happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">