• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Income deduction order dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jac990214

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Florida
My ex and I have had an income deductio order for the past 11 years. The company he works for now has just switched to a payroll company to take care of their benefits and payroll. The company he works for was issuing myself the check once a month as ordered. The new payroll company requested my info and a voided check stating they would only continue the child support payments by direct deposit into my account. Now my ex is telling me that they ( payroll company) are not going to withold the child support, nor are they going to do the direct deposit. He is already in arrears now since all this started and I am not sure what we can do to get this resolved. Our income deduction order has always stated that the child support be directly sent to me , not go through the dept of revenue. It had been fine until all this happened. Any suggestions on whay my options might be? I thought the income deduction order had to be enforced by the company? Thanks for any input

Gracie3787

jac990214 said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Florida
My ex and I have had an income deductio order for the past 11 years. The company he works for now has just switched to a payroll company to take care of their benefits and payroll. The company he works for was issuing myself the check once a month as ordered. The new payroll company requested my info and a voided check stating they would only continue the child support payments by direct deposit into my account. Now my ex is telling me that they ( payroll company) are not going to withold the child support, nor are they going to do the direct deposit. He is already in arrears now since all this started and I am not sure what we can do to get this resolved. Our income deduction order has always stated that the child support be directly sent to me , not go through the dept of revenue. It had been fine until all this happened. Any suggestions on whay my options might be? I thought the income deduction order had to be enforced by the company? Thanks for any input

Go to www.flsenate.gov/statutes . Print out copy of statute 61.1301 (2)(e)5 which states- Specify that if a payor fails to deduct the proper amount from the obligor's income, the Payor is liable for the amount the payor should have deducted, plus costs, interest, and reasonable attorney's fees.

Send, by certified return reciept mail, the payroll company copies of the income deduction order, the order for child support and a copy of that statute.

Once they realize that they will have to pay, I'm sure that they will have no problems deducting it from your ex's pay ASAP. ;)
Good luck.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And being direct deposited into your account is exactly the same as sending you a paper check.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">