• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance through attorney general

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Txdadof4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

Okay, I will try to make this short and clear. I have two daughters with my ex. We have a great relationship and get along great. This past summer my oldest of my two daughters asked to move in with me. Her mother agree'd and so in August she moved in with me and started school. I was paying $800 a month is CS and $100 towards medical support. My insurance through my job is outragous so my ex and I agree'd to put the girls on her insurance and I just pay half of what she pay's a month for it which ended up being $130 a piece each month. When I got primary custody of my oldest daughter my ex and I hired a lawyer and canceled out CS since I had a child and she had a child we agree'd that it was even and we would just split insurance. We decided to just go ahead and keep having the attorney general's office pull the $130 a month straight out of my checks. Well, From august until october they kept taking money out still for CS.. I fianlly got all that mess under control and they stopped taking it out and told me I would get a refund for all the money I over payed from the date the judge signed the papers releasing me from paying CS. A month went by and I had not got my refund so I called the office last friday and a lady told me that they would be sending it within 48 hours and to call back fri.. Well, with my job I didn't have time to call back friday so I did today and they told me that they are not refunfing my money. That I still have a medical obligation and that they are just rolling it over incase I miss a insurance payment. I don't think this is right. I was the one who even made the decision to keep their services. I have had the same job for 10 years and never missed a CS payment on medical. It comes straight out of my check and so if it is missed I would think it would be a mistake on there part and not mine. I want my money back. How do I go about getting my money? Can they hold money that was meant for CS when it was over payed and belongs to me?? Can they hold it when I don't even owe anything? I would understand if I owed money for back CS or medical but I am current. What can I do? If they tell me no do you think it is possible if my ex and I cancel our services with them and I just pay it straight to her they will refund me my money?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

Okay, I will try to make this short and clear. I have two daughters with my ex. We have a great relationship and get along great. This past summer my oldest of my two daughters asked to move in with me. Her mother agree'd and so in August she moved in with me and started school. I was paying $800 a month is CS and $100 towards medical support. My insurance through my job is outragous so my ex and I agree'd to put the girls on her insurance and I just pay half of what she pay's a month for it which ended up being $130 a piece each month. When I got primary custody of my oldest daughter my ex and I hired a lawyer and canceled out CS since I had a child and she had a child we agree'd that it was even and we would just split insurance. We decided to just go ahead and keep having the attorney general's office pull the $130 a month straight out of my checks. Well, From august until october they kept taking money out still for CS.. I fianlly got all that mess under control and they stopped taking it out and told me I would get a refund for all the money I over payed from the date the judge signed the papers releasing me from paying CS. A month went by and I had not got my refund so I called the office last friday and a lady told me that they would be sending it within 48 hours and to call back fri.. Well, with my job I didn't have time to call back friday so I did today and they told me that they are not refunfing my money. That I still have a medical obligation and that they are just rolling it over incase I miss a insurance payment. I don't think this is right. I was the one who even made the decision to keep their services. I have had the same job for 10 years and never missed a CS payment on medical. It comes straight out of my check and so if it is missed I would think it would be a mistake on there part and not mine. I want my money back. How do I go about getting my money? Can they hold money that was meant for CS when it was over payed and belongs to me?? Can they hold it when I don't even owe anything? I would understand if I owed money for back CS or medical but I am current. What can I do? If they tell me no do you think it is possible if my ex and I cancel our services with them and I just pay it straight to her they will refund me my money?
Ask to speak to a supervisor.

Txdadof4

Thanks. I will be calling friday when I am off again so I have time to speak on this matter with them. I was just hoping in the meantime maybe someone here has dealt or knows something of this matter could shed a little light on it for me. thanks. I appreciate any feedback

The AGs office does not hold payments (except in cases of welfare or IRS intercepts) nor refunds payments. The money would have been sent directly to the obligee and you'd have to get it back from her.

Txdadof4

They tried to send the refund to her until I stopped them. They had her down as custodial parent when I am. Well, its a confusing situation. She is custodial of our youngest And I am custodial of oldest. Why would it go to her? Because the refund is for money That they kept taking out after the.judge signed the papers saying I was to pay no cs anymore. They told me it was my return. Not hers.. and then yesterday they want to tell me They are holding my money "just in case" I miss a insurance payment.. That to me is Just any old reason to Not give a man his money back. They was sending it right on out when They thought it was for her. The second they found out it was my refund They put the brakes on it. Thanks for the input. I guess I will Have to speak to a higher power on Friday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">