• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interest Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

florida_z

What is the name of your state? Florida

I had child support in the rears for approx $9000. I took out a second mrtg on my home to pay that debt in full. After paying that dept, I found out that the county (Pinellas) had a judgement against me for the interest on this debt, which amount to approx $4500. This money would also go to my ex-wife.
I have received a notorized statement from my ex-wife in this case who states that she is willing to cancell the interest debt. I want to petiion the court to have the judgement satisfied/cancelled. My quesiton is what form do I need to use? A standard motion form or a motion to set aside default or default judgement form?

Noelle_71

I believe all you need to do is have your ex file a statement as to "Receipt of direct payments". It gives you credit and should clear that up easily.
What does everyone else think?

ceara19

Noelle_71 said:
I believe all you need to do is have your ex file a statement as to "Receipt of direct payments". It gives you credit and should clear that up easily.
What does everyone else think?
In many states that is correct, I'm not sure about Florida though. An easy way to find out is to call CSE agency handling the case and ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">