• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interstate child support terminated after child removed temp from custodial parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jenleigh013

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida removed my children due to verbal abuse from my husband, my daughter's bio dad, tennessee, was under child support enforcement, payments weren't redirected to my friend who had kids instead, with no court hearing or payments of the enforcement was closed! I got my children back in my home six months later and was given full custody back two months after their return home. Why was he not held accountable to support his child during r his time?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida removed my children due to verbal abuse from my husband, my daughter's bio dad, tennessee, was under child support enforcement, payments weren't redirected to my friend who had kids instead, with no court hearing or payments of the enforcement was closed! I got my children back in my home six months later and was given full custody back two months after their return home. Why was he not held accountable to support his child during r his time?
Could you please clarify?

Also, your post to the old thread was reported due to its content. Please be pleasant to the volunteers on this site. Thank you.

Proserpina

The children were removed because of verbal abuse? Interesting. Hopefully he's now out of the picture.

So, what happened when you called to find out about the child support? You did call, yes?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I would think your friend would have had to petition that you both provide support while the children were in her care. You WERE paying her support, correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">