• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

it's already a father name on the bc can I still have to pay child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rellatl

Georgia it's a father name one the birth certificate and he name the child as well and found out that he is not the father and now it's mostly mine so do I still have to show up in court and pay for a child that's I never even meet and has a name for a different man. what would happen if I don't show up to even take the test

Just Blue

Georgia it's a father name one the birth certificate and he name the child as well and found out that he is not the father and now it's mostly mine so do I still have to show up in court and pay for a child that's I never even meet and has a name for a different man. what would happen if I don't show up to even take the test
You would be HUGHLY STUPID to not show for the "test".

Proserpina

"Mostly" yours?!

:eek:

But yes - if you don't take the test, the court can indeed name you as the father and you'll be responsible for child support.

CSO286

I'm thinking that English is not our OP's first language.

In any event, OP, do not skip out on the test. You could be found to be the legal father by default.

And if you are pretty sure the child is most likely yours, then you have a legal obligation to provide support for him/her. One which the courts will be happy to ensure you honor.

Just Blue

I'm thinking that English is not our OP's first language.

In any event, OP, do not skip out on the test. You could be found to be the legal father by default.

And if you are pretty sure the child is most likely yours, then you have a legal obligation to provide support for him/her. One which the courts will be happy to ensure you honor.
I don't think so...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">