• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joint custody, joint visitation, child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dragonfly621

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I share joint custody with joint visitation with my ex-husband. He has been ordered to pay a small amount of child support. Being as we both have the children 50% of the time are both parents obligated to pay half of everything that is needed for their care...such as school supplies or am I obligated to take care of all of their expences because the court ordered support?

tigger22472

The way my husband does his 50/50 is no matter if mom buys the stuff we do too. That way sd has two sets of everything for when she needs it. Of course we only send one set with her to school. To avoid arguement I would supply it all and then when she needs something else make sure your ex is aware when your children are at his house.

VeronicaGia

dragonfly621 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I share joint custody with joint visitation with my ex-husband. He has been ordered to pay a small amount of child support. Being as we both have the children 50% of the time are both parents obligated to pay half of everything that is needed for their care...such as school supplies or am I obligated to take care of all of their expences because the court ordered support?
It is possible that as the person receiving support, you should be the one providing these things. I'm assuming he provides clothes, food, shelter, etc., while the kids are at his house?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">