• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joint Custody, Support Modification, Remarriage, Unemployed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bluefield

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I have had 50/50 Joint Custody for the past year with my ex.
When the order was first made, she did not have a job so I was ordered to pay full support. Since that time she has remarried, gotten a job, and quit/fired from that job a few months later.

My question is that since she has remained unemployed, whether willfully or not, can her husbands income be used to adjust support obligations?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I have had 50/50 Joint Custody for the past year with my ex.
When the order was first made, she did not have a job so I was ordered to pay full support. Since that time she has remarried, gotten a job, and quit/fired from that job a few months later.

My question is that since she has remained unemployed, whether willfully or not, can her husbands income be used to adjust support obligations?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
No, her husband's income can not be used; however, she can have income imputed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">