• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joint motion to terminate child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WonderinginFla

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida -Hillsborough County

My ex husband and I have agreed to terminate his child support which
Is being enforced through the court, not the Dept of Revenue. We would like to drop all of the arrears, get his license reinstated and agree to terminate the child support order from our divorce decree. What motion/ packet # would we fill out together to motion the court? Would it be the blank motion packet #6 under family law? Thanks.

mistoffolees

Is being enforced through the court, not the Dept of Revenue. We would like to drop all of the arrears, get his license reinstated and agree to terminate the child support order from our divorce decree. What motion/ packet # would we fill out together to motion the court? Would it be the blank motion packet #6 under family law? Thanks.
The easiest thing is fit you simply cash his checks and then return the money to him.

If you want to change it, though, you have to file a motion to modify the CS order. However, please think this through. Both parents need to be supporting their kids.

WonderinginFla

Thanks for the replies. My ex has nothing and I am in
A much better financial situation than he. He's done his best the past 16 years. I'm giving him a break.

LillianX

Thanks for the replies. My ex has nothing and I am in
A much better financial situation than he. He's done his best the past 16 years. I'm giving him a break.
Honestly? Good for you. Really. If you don't need it, he doesn't have it, and you're completely confident in your ability to take care of your daughter without his financial contribution, good for you. I hope he is in her life in an emotional and physical sense.

LdiJ

Yes, it would likely be the blank motion packet because this isn't something standard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">